YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Success storys
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Alyssa
Posted 2003-06-17 6:56 PM (#2005)
Subject: Success storys

Hi I am wondering.. does anyone have any success storys for me. If so I would love 2 knoe how many inches or how much weight have u lost, in what amount of time. Please Thank-you!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jane
Posted 2003-06-19 9:44 AM (#2013 - in reply to #2005)

Hello!

I started practicing Yoga about 9 months ago. I am 21 years old, and at the time, I weighed 150 pounds at 5'7", and a size 10. Since that time, my posture has done a complete 180. I didn't notice any weight loss immediatley, but after 2 months or so, I really started getting into it, by practicing in the a.m. before work for about 20 minutes, and going to a class 3 times a week (of as close as I could come to 3 times a week). I am now down to a size 6/8, and am 140 pounds. The weight change hasn't been too drastic, however, I have never felt so "light" on my feet, healthy, or more intune to what my body needs in my whole life. I honestly don't think I could have done any other exercise program and got these results.
Cheers!
Jane
Troy Page
Posted 2003-06-24 4:51 PM (#2029 - in reply to #2005)

I used to weight 120 pounds and i am 5'3" and 12 but now weight 92 pounds in 3 weeks by working out and lifting weights and eating healthy and my dad lost 115 pounds after his heart attack and lost that weight in a year doing what a said I did
Abigail
Posted 2003-07-03 7:50 PM (#2067 - in reply to #2005)

the answer to your question alyssa, is yes. Yoga does help you lose weight. The type I take, and have taken, requires, a heated room, but always remember to push the water intake. But as you learn to be flexible, and keep going it does work.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)