YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Affiliation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Anusara YogaMessage format

YogaDancer
Posted 2004-02-03 11:21 AM (#3463)
Subject: Affiliation

Since this is such a dog of a board I thought I'd add a post to announce that I received my Anusara Affiliation yesterday!

My RYT was for an Ashtanga Teacher Training (360 hours teaching Hatha Yoga in the Ashtanga Tradition, since I will not study with Pattabhi), and now I'm affiliated!

My focus is special conditions, which is a 3 year internship. I'm in the 18th month of it right now, and in a 500 hour Anusara Advanced Teacher Training program. I think I'm a teacher training junkie.

So there you have it.

Christine
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Emily
Posted 2004-02-03 12:45 PM (#3472 - in reply to #3463)
Subject: RE: Affiliation

CONGRATULATIONS! That is fantastic!

Do you teach yoga full-time? It seems to be such a difficult profession that requires continuous training and practice - but doesn't always pay consistently or well. Just curious as to your thoughts on this...

Namaste,
Emily
YogaDancer
Posted 2004-02-03 3:32 PM (#3480 - in reply to #3463)

I consider myself a full-time student because I have no avocation to teach. I do, however teach. I teach gentle yoga at our Ashtanga Center because of my Anusara background and knowing Ashtangis, (and their injuries) and an Ashtanga class at an Anusara studio because of my knowlege of both. Kind of odd. I also sub for my mentor at 2 studios for her Special Conditions classes.

I am blessed that I don't have to teach in health clubs, so my pay (when I accept any) is good. I am a well-trained teacher and studios in the Washington, DC area understand the value of this. Health clubs, unfortunately, do not.

As for requiring a lot of training? It can. Frankly, I think it should. People trust us with their bodies on a greater, more encompassing level than they do their doctors. I wish the public knew to be more discerning. This is where I have a problem (another thread) with outfits that hand out 15 hour, weekend training certificates and gyms hire them as 'certified teachers.' NOT. I know. I took that training. Another thing my big mouth got me into but THAt is another thread!

Anyway, I digress. You can learn so much from so many people, I think it's well worth some of the in-depth training that is available these days. It builds community, furthers standardization of different yoga techniques, shares knowledge, and makes us/me a more well-rounded teacher. Better for my students!

So. On that note, off to apprentice I go!
Good night!
Christine
Posted 2004-04-20 4:13 PM (#5536 - in reply to #3463)

ROCK ON, Christine! I know what a HUGE accomplishment that is. It shows enormous dedication!

Just got back from a weekend with John in Cincinnati. So inspiring. Love the Anusara Yoga Kula. Just found this site today when searching for Anusara Immersion. Glad to see we've got some Anusarans representin' here!

Namaste,
Denise
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)