YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bikram DVDs?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

goindownsouth
Posted 2004-02-24 2:29 PM (#4030)
Subject: Bikram DVDs?

Since I am just about to get started in this practice, of course, I will be picking up the book to read through it carefully. But I was wondering if there were any DVDs available that could assist in my process.

Much thanks.
Dan
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kathy Ann
Posted 2004-02-24 2:37 PM (#4032 - in reply to #4030)
Subject: RE: Bikram DVDs?

Hi Dan,

I just looked on the "official" Bikram site. All I saw in the way of visuals was a "Pregnancy" video, no DVD's. The book itself is excellent because it shows the ideal way of performing the poses along with what you can more realistically expect. Also has quite a bit of humor.

Best of luck to you!

goindownsouth
Posted 2004-02-24 2:39 PM (#4033 - in reply to #4030)

Thank you so very much, Kathy Ann. This is definately unchartered territory for me, so my comfort level is small right now. You have made me feel a bit better.

Thank you.
Dan
Kathy Ann
Posted 2004-02-24 5:15 PM (#4043 - in reply to #4030)

You are very welcome Dan. I read your other post about weight loss. I didn't answer because I don't feel knowledgeable enough to do so. I have lost some weight doing Bikram for the past 4 months, particularly belly fat which I always have had difficulty losing but I was 5-5 and maybe 130 to begin with and have maybe lost 5 pounds. That may be because I am going to 3 90-minute classes per week vs. 1 -2 hours at the gym per week, sweating profusely, drinking lots of water, a bit of a decrease in appetite (especially after classes) or a combination of all of the above!

Anyway, there are many other benefits such as increased flexibility, improved posture and balance, grace, improved breathing and it has improved my attitude, made me less cranky. It has even sparked a renewed interest in "spiritual" matters for me.

Keep in touch with this forum and let us know how you do.

Namaste

Lisa
Posted 2004-02-27 8:44 AM (#4135 - in reply to #4030)

Lisa
Posted 2004-02-27 8:48 AM (#4136 - in reply to #4135)

Lisa
Posted 2004-02-27 8:54 AM (#4137 - in reply to #4135)

Hi Dan,

You can purchase a cassette audio tape from Bikrams website, www.bikramyoga.com. Bikram personally talks you through the entire 26 asana series, just as if you were in his class.

This tape will help you get started along with the book. But a warning he tends to hold you in the poses longer then he says to hold pose in the book. I think its because he describes in detail each posture and that goes beyond 10 to 20 seconds.

Best of luck to you
Lisa
My Cats' Mom
Posted 2004-02-27 9:17 AM (#4138 - in reply to #4030)

Check out usyoga.org. The Yoga Challenge I is basically the Bikram series with a few extra poses thrown in. Tony studied under Bikram and Bishnu Gosh, who is Bikram's guru.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)