YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Still sore after Bikram
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

My Cats' Mom
Posted 2004-03-19 10:25 PM (#4669 - in reply to #4665)
Subject: RE: Still sore after Bikram

Vero,

If you seriously don't want to do Bikram anymore, that is certainly OK. I will say, however, that you are going to take yourself with you wherever you go. Meaning, if you have a tendency to push yourself too hard too fast, you're bound to hurt yourself in any yoga. Believe me, people screw up their backs & hamstrings in many types of yoga.

I don't know if you felt the atmosphere or your teacher was making you feel competetive or what, but as a Bikram teacher I am always pleading with students to back off, ESPECIALLY during Standing Head to Knee. Do students listen? Many times, no. And then, POP!

I know many "Type A" people are drawn to Bikram. I don't know that you are a Type A, I guess I'm just hoping you'll be careful and treat yourself kindly, wherever you go.

Blessings,
Gwyn
Who has a lower back problem from being too type A . . .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2004-03-20 4:38 PM (#4689 - in reply to #4669)

I don't WANNA be a type A anymore--'cept I have to be for business and it's hard to let go for yoga--I need a different career. Maybe my wife will let me chuck the big $ and I can go off to Bikram teacher training and open my own place.

My Cats' Mom - 2004-03-19 9:25 PM

Vero,

If you seriously don't want to do Bikram anymore, that is certainly OK. I will say, however, that you are going to take yourself with you wherever you go. Meaning, if you have a tendency to push yourself too hard too fast, you're bound to hurt yourself in any yoga. Believe me, people screw up their backs & hamstrings in many types of yoga.

I don't know if you felt the atmosphere or your teacher was making you feel competetive or what, but as a Bikram teacher I am always pleading with students to back off, ESPECIALLY during Standing Head to Knee. Do students listen? Many times, no. And then, POP!

I know many "Type A" people are drawn to Bikram. I don't know that you are a Type A, I guess I'm just hoping you'll be careful and treat yourself kindly, wherever you go.

Blessings,
Gwyn
Who has a lower back problem from being too type A . . .
vero
Posted 2004-03-21 1:13 PM (#4707 - in reply to #4669)

I know Kathy Ann . I'm working on that. I tell myself all the time "I'm not super woman, I'm not super woman" I will go on with bikman, but I'll still look for another type of yoga to supplement. Thank you.

Bruce: You know what I would really like? to teach yoga to kids. That would be the ultimate for me.

Vero

Posted 2004-03-21 3:34 PM (#4708 - in reply to #4707)

There's a local Vinyasa studio here and the woman teaches only kids--looks like they're all having a blast--LOTS of toys (balls, foam noodles) used as props.

vero - 2004-03-21 12:13 PM

I know Kathy Ann . I'm working on that. I tell myself all the time "I'm not super woman, I'm not super woman" I will go on with bikman, but I'll still look for another type of yoga to supplement. Thank you.

Bruce: You know what I would really like? to teach yoga to kids. That would be the ultimate for me.

Vero
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)