YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Betsey Downing Workshop
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Anusara YogaMessage format

YogaDancer
Posted 2004-03-25 6:51 PM (#4839)
Subject: Betsey Downing Workshop

Thanks for asking, Bruce!

Sorry I missed your post!
I only look down the boards if I'm bored.

It was a fun weekend. Friday night was hip openers. I actually ooooooozed into Kurmasana rather than working to get into it. YEAH!

Saturday was inversions. I like this because I'm working on handstand from Parsarita Podottanasana. It's easy from headstand, but not handstand.

Sunday morning was backbends, which are very defeating for me, but I do my best. I figure perhaps before I die I'll do Eka Pada Rajakapotasana II without wanting to cry.

Sunday afternoon was a postive thinking, change your life meditation type session. I don't care for those, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Betsey is great. She's got such a pragmatic approach, uses her metaphors with clarity vs. perfume and really enjoys teaching. It shines through and I just love to take classes with her!

If you ever have the opportunity, jump on it. The alignment makes so many things possible!

Christine
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2004-03-25 7:58 PM (#4846 - in reply to #4839)
Subject: RE: Betsey Downing Workshop

Glad you enjoy Christine. Betsey needs to re-align her agenda though--I'd need the positive thinking BEFORE backbends for sure. I'm at a loss when "hip openers" are discussed. Obviously my pelvis is petrified--I feel nothing thereore I assume, they ain't opening.

YogaDancer - 2004-03-25 5:51 PM

Thanks for asking, Bruce!

Sorry I missed your post!
I only look down the boards if I'm bored.

It was a fun weekend. Friday night was hip openers. I actually ooooooozed into Kurmasana rather than working to get into it. YEAH!

Saturday was inversions. I like this because I'm working on handstand from Parsarita Podottanasana. It's easy from headstand, but not handstand.

Sunday morning was backbends, which are very defeating for me, but I do my best. I figure perhaps before I die I'll do Eka Pada Rajakapotasana II without wanting to cry.

Sunday afternoon was a postive thinking, change your life meditation type session. I don't care for those, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Betsey is great. She's got such a pragmatic approach, uses her metaphors with clarity vs. perfume and really enjoys teaching. It shines through and I just love to take classes with her!

If you ever have the opportunity, jump on it. The alignment makes so many things possible!

Christine
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)