YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Learn Yoga for me an my daughter
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

chetna
Posted 2004-03-29 12:41 AM (#4930)
Subject: Learn Yoga for me an my daughter

Hi,

I have been learning/reading a lot about yoga for the past couple of years and have also learnt it for about a month or so a couple of yeras back.

I want to learn yoga again from teh begining more seriuosly this time and also want my 7 year old daughter to learn it.

Pl. suggest a place in South Delhi(near CR Park) where I can go to learn.Also I am working so early morning(7am) would be more suitable or weekends.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
kimmos03
Posted 2004-04-26 4:18 PM (#5726 - in reply to #4930)
Subject: RE: Learn Yoga for me an my daughter

Hi,

If you want to learn with your daughter at home there are two good products i can recommend to you. Babar's Yoga for Elephants ( book) available at most bookstores. and if you go to the website www.yogafit.com see if you can order the yogafit for kids yoga cards. It is a deck of cards. One pose per card with pics on one side and instructions on how to get into the pose on the other. hope this helps

Namaste,

kim
God_Will
Posted 2004-04-27 5:44 PM (#5763 - in reply to #4930)

Since you are in delhi why not check the local yoga centers . For you as a full grown adult i would recommend Raja yoga with ofcourse a bit of Hatha ( esp Pranayama ) and karma yoga .That should fill most of the time . It takes time to get any results but faith and presistence will set thy free . For your Darling daughter i would recommend easy steps of pranayama and a little practice of simple asana's . And i would be right by saying that one sacret posture shoud be giving to the little one . Which would be her meditation posture for rest of her material life . I would not recommend Concentration at the movement to the little one it would cause nothing but strain . But ofcourse dont take my word on it . you can always ask the yogis romming around in risikhesh and other holy places .

Ekta

Gods Will
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-04-29 12:13 PM (#5808 - in reply to #4930)

Chetana:
Plan to attend my class in Pune or Nagar Area in the first week of August until mid September.

Do NOT read anything until you have done 1 hour Yoga each day for 6 months with almost no single day gap.

Best Luck.
neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)