YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Signed Up for the Intro Class
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Anusara YogaMessage format

Kathy Ann
Posted 2004-04-15 7:35 PM (#5411)
Subject: Signed Up for the Intro Class

Well, I did it. I signed up for the Intro to Yoga (Anusara style) classes that start next Tuesday, 4/20. Once a week for 4 weeks, 1 hour + 20 min per class. Will do that in addition to my 3 Bikram classes per week.

I will let you know how it goes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
YogaDancer
Posted 2004-04-15 11:54 PM (#5416 - in reply to #5411)
Subject: RE: Signed Up for the Intro Class

I look forward to it!

Posted 2004-04-16 8:39 AM (#5425 - in reply to #5411)

Cool--it will be interesting and educational I'm sure AND Christine will smile upon you I'm doing similar this summer in Houston. Looking forward to trying most of the yoga variations except Kundalini--all I can find out about that in the San Antonio area is that it looks pretty wacked. One facility that supposedly had classes looked like the Munsters lived there. Also, recently saw a reference to "Forest Yoga" that seemed to be a one-woman practice of some kind. Guess some day I can have my own yoga...B yogas seem to be popular--Baptiste, Bikram--why not a Bruce Yoga? Springstein playing in the background.

Kathy Ann - 2004-04-15 6:35 PM

Well, I did it. I signed up for the Intro to Yoga (Anusara style) classes that start next Tuesday, 4/20. Once a week for 4 weeks, 1 hour + 20 min per class. Will do that in addition to my 3 Bikram classes per week.

I will let you know how it goes.
YogaDancer
Posted 2004-04-16 9:07 AM (#5428 - in reply to #5411)

Ana Forrest is an amazing yogi! Her place, Forrest Yoga Circle is very renown as is she as a teacher. If you ever get a chance, do take a workshop or seminar!

Bruce, which city are you in?
A friend of mine was in town yesterday from Austin. We met at a teacher training in Fayetteville. Anyway, he's doing a lot of different yoga these days, particularly Ashtanga, since I got him interested. (In case anyone thinks I broke my own rule, yes, he had an extremely strong Anusara background first.) Anyway, if you're in Austin, I'd love to hook you two up for some yoga or at least some hints. He's a nice guy and like us, he's trying to wangle his life so he can just do yoga and still have a livlihood.

C.
LoraB
Posted 2004-04-16 10:15 AM (#5430 - in reply to #5411)

Good to hear your endorsement of Ana Forest, Christine. She has an upcoming workshop in town that I've been debating attending. I would of course love to throw myself into the whole weekend, but due to other obligations and the end of semester budget crunch I can only do one session. I'm really looking forward to it. I've checked out her website and read a couple of articles and am really intrigued.

Also planning on checking out several styles of yoga the summer at local studios...They almost all have good deals - even Bikram! I'm checking them out next week - very interested to see how that goes....

Posted 2004-04-16 10:32 AM (#5431 - in reply to #5428)

I'm in San Antonio--just an hour south of Austin. Not that you ladies haven't been wonderful, but I could use some learned male yoga advice.

YogaDancer - 2004-04-16 8:07 AM

Ana Forrest is an amazing yogi! Her place, Forrest Yoga Circle is very renown as is she as a teacher. If you ever get a chance, do take a workshop or seminar!

Bruce, which city are you in?
A friend of mine was in town yesterday from Austin. We met at a teacher training in Fayetteville. Anyway, he's doing a lot of different yoga these days, particularly Ashtanga, since I got him interested. (In case anyone thinks I broke my own rule, yes, he had an extremely strong Anusara background first.) Anyway, if you're in Austin, I'd love to hook you two up for some yoga or at least some hints. He's a nice guy and like us, he's trying to wangle his life so he can just do yoga and still have a livlihood.

C.
YogaDancer
Posted 2004-04-16 11:45 AM (#5434 - in reply to #5431)

You let me know when you're heading in. I'll preform An Introduction.
Niel doesn't miss an opportunity to do yoga, so it'll be perfect.

C.
My Cats' Mom
Posted 2004-04-26 9:30 AM (#5706 - in reply to #5411)

Kathy Ann -

I think you've had your first class, right? How did it go?

I just got back from a weekend workshop with John Friend and it was great. I can't wait to hear about Bruce's experience when he goes. Lots of chanting Bruce, but that doesn't mean it's for wimps!

Posted 2004-04-26 9:57 AM (#5708 - in reply to #5706)

I've been doing some reading during these ENDLESS days of rain here in San Antonio and am beginning to see the reasoning befind the chanting, Om, the chakras, etc. OMG...whatz happening to me?? I need to get to the pistol range quick--smell of cordite will snap me out of this

My Cats' Mom - 2004-04-26 8:30 AM

Kathy Ann -

I think you've had your first class, right? How did it go?

I just got back from a weekend workshop with John Friend and it was great. I can't wait to hear about Bruce's experience when he goes. Lots of chanting Bruce, but that doesn't mean it's for wimps!
My Cats' Mom
Posted 2004-04-26 12:56 PM (#5716 - in reply to #5708)

What have you been reading?
Kathy Ann
Posted 2004-04-26 2:36 PM (#5719 - in reply to #5411)

Gwyn,

Yes, I have been to the first class. I think it's too soon for me to comment. I am trying to keep an open mind and want to give it more of a chance. I did really like the "Opening Invocation" chanting. That is so lovely and I think it has such universal application. I would think it could be voiced by most people, whatever their personal belief system is.

Bruce - I may be attending a "Journey Through the Chakras" workshop next weekend. All this stuff is pretty interesting, huh?

Posted 2004-04-26 3:37 PM (#5721 - in reply to #5716)

So many good finds at the local half price book store--from a new Complete Idiot's guide to Yoga" to "Raj Yoga" from 1936.

My Cats' Mom - 2004-04-26 11:56 AM

What have you been reading?
Kathy Ann
Posted 2004-04-26 4:38 PM (#5727 - in reply to #5411)

I recently got the "Bhagavad Gita" and the "Yoga Sutra of Patanjali". I just started the intro to the Yoga Sutra.

Grasshopper say: "This yoga stuff is a bit overwhelming."

Posted 2004-04-26 4:48 PM (#5728 - in reply to #5727)

THAT'S why I highly recommend the idiot's guide--sure helped me

Kathy Ann - 2004-04-26 3:38 PM

Grasshopper say: "This yoga stuff is a bit overwhelming."
Kathy Ann
Posted 2004-04-26 5:21 PM (#5731 - in reply to #5411)

Oh puleeze! Not another book! I promised myself I would at least try to get through a whole week without buying any more books. I am a total "book-aholic". I collect first editions as well as buying tons of books for reading, far more than I can manage to read. It's not so much the money I spend on them that I mind as it is my lack of self control.

Grasshopper say: Moderation in all things (including book-buying).

Posted 2004-04-26 5:32 PM (#5732 - in reply to #5731)

I do first editions too Kathy Ann--signed if I can--my favorites are Collen McCullum's "Thornbirds" and Liv Ullman's "Changing." I worked in a bookstore part-time in Baltimore during my college days. However, in the ensuing years, life got in the way of that too. AND while the moderation of all things is certainly an admirable goal, some things are just too good to not do more of--books and beer come to mind for some reason....sushi and rap usic...not so much.

Kathy Ann - 2004-04-26 4:21 PM

Oh puleeze! Not another book! I promised myself I would at least try to get through a whole week without buying any more books. I am a total "book-aholic". I collect first editions as well as buying tons of books for reading, far more than I can manage to read. It's not so much the money I spend on them that I mind as it is my lack of self control.

Grasshopper say: Moderation in all things (including book-buying).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)