YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dandayamana-Janushirasana
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Kathy Ann
Posted 2004-04-15 7:45 PM (#5412)
Subject: Dandayamana-Janushirasana

Last night I was able to touch my head to my knee for a fraction of a second longer than I have been able to before in "Standing Head to Knee". I'm able to touch my head now pretty easily but as soon as I do, I immediately lose my balance and fall out of it. So, when I say a fraction of a second longer, it's only a fraction of a second added to another fraction for probably less than a whole second altogether!

But, I will persevere. I am the tortoise - slow but sure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
YogaDancer
Posted 2004-04-16 12:03 AM (#5418 - in reply to #5412)
Subject: RE: Dandayamana-Janushirasana

Good job, girlie!

Try this:
As you're pulling your foot up, also draw it back into the hip socket. With a straight (not hyperextended) standing leg, this causes a kind of counter balance. Plus, integating your femur into the hip socket more solidly can help you lift the leg higher, more easily.

I love that pose. It feels so great on my lower back! Janu Sirsasana is meant for sciatica (among other things) but the standing version is the only time I feel it in that area. I don't really feel it anymore sitting, I guess. Huh. Hadn't thought of that.

Congrats, though! a split second is a split second!

Posted 2004-04-19 6:47 PM (#5512 - in reply to #5418)
Subject: RE: Dandayamana-Janushirasana

I hate this asana--I can stay on one leg forever but even really thinging about drawing the raised leg into the hip socket doesn't allow me to get it straight--SO frustrating--I think if I had 30 to 45 minutes to work at it maybe it'd happen...

YogaDancer - 2004-04-15 11:03 PM

Good job, girlie!

Try this:
As you're pulling your foot up, also draw it back into the hip socket. With a straight (not hyperextended) standing leg, this causes a kind of counter balance. Plus, integating your femur into the hip socket more solidly can help you lift the leg higher, more easily.

I love that pose. It feels so great on my lower back! Janu Sirsasana is meant for sciatica (among other things) but the standing version is the only time I feel it in that area. I don't really feel it anymore sitting, I guess. Huh. Hadn't thought of that.

Congrats, though! a split second is a split second!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)