YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1st Bikram Class??
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

ccrissty
Posted 2004-04-18 8:56 PM (#5491)
Subject: 1st Bikram Class??

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum and new to Bikram yoga. I took my first class yesterday. I thought I was in good shape before I went to the class. I have a whole new out look now... About half way through the class I wanted to leave. I was feeling so nauseous… then when that passed I was dizzy. I was able to do about 85% of the poses but I had to sit out a couple because I felt so sick. I did not eat before class and I thought I was well hydrated. Will this pass or should I consider another form of yoga? Is there anything that will make the adjustment easier?

Thanks,
Crissty
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2004-04-18 9:20 PM (#5492 - in reply to #5491)
Subject: RE: 1st Bikram Class??

Boy have all we first time "Bikramites" been where you were--I ran three miles every other day and lifted weights and was in the military--I walked out half way through my first class--hardest physical thing I ever did. That was 8 months ago--it's still tough but if it wasn't, I wouldn't go. Others will advise you to study other yoga forms to learn before trying Bikram--you'll have to make that choice. The class will get easier on you physically but as you learn proper alignment, you'll probably make it harder on yourself.

ccrissty - 2004-04-18 7:56 PM

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum and new to Bikram yoga. I took my first class yesterday. I thought I was in good shape before I went to the class. I have a whole new out look now... About half way through the class I wanted to leave. I was feeling so nauseous… then when that passed I was dizzy. I was able to do about 85% of the poses but I had to sit out a couple because I felt so sick. I did not eat before class and I thought I was well hydrated. Will this pass or should I consider another form of yoga? Is there anything that will make the adjustment easier?

Thanks,
Crissty
peggy
Posted 2004-04-18 10:58 PM (#5498 - in reply to #5491)

I would go three or four times more and be very easy on yourself. See if you can connect with whether the class feels good for you afterwards.

When I first went it felt difficult but worth it. I can't explain how I knew, but I did.

If it's worth and you can do seven of the first ten days or any ten days, it will get much easier.

You will forget how hard it was in the beginning. I remember when it hurt to stand with my feet together.

Sandy
Posted 2004-04-25 6:10 PM (#5692 - in reply to #5498)

It's normal to feel a little nausous sometimes in class. Drinking a lot of water during class can make that feeling stronger sometimes. Not eating or eating too much can cause it too.

Most likely the feeling should pass over time. Try a few more times.
flexer
Posted 2004-04-29 6:42 PM (#5821 - in reply to #5491)

Don't stop!!!! You can tried serveral types of yoga, but find this one to be the best. It's the heat that makes the difference, with regards to safety to your mussels. The warmer the mussels the better. You'll get use to it, like people who learn to live in hot climate countries. And as you grow, the routine becomes easier to remember with less thinking required. As you'll soon learn(If not already) the less you think the better control over the body. Try to think about what's important with your sessions. Learn one more thing you didn't know before. The calm and happy feeling you sometimes get (but it's ok if all session can go great). Being more intouch with body. Finally freeing your restricted mind from unknown ablities. That's in greatness of mediation.

Good luck
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)