YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wow, I get high, that's why i do it
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

peggy
Posted 2004-05-04 8:21 PM (#5969)
Subject: wow, I get high, that's why i do it

Well,
I'm the one who asked about weight bearing, aerobics in regard to Bikram. Thanks for your feedback.

I do have to say that I have never tried any other yoga except for Bikram, except for a few hatha classes.

Over the last few weeks, I was all involved in worrying about heat, blood pressure etc. Yesterday
I went to class with one of my favorite teachers without my heart monitor and I forgot to measure my blood pressurs. What a great class!
The reason I do Bikram, is that it makes me feel VERY good, I dream about the positions, I enjoy the way my body smells when i practice ( after the shower), I walk on air. It's the next best thing to drugs.

Do other people feel a change in mood and consciousness when doing Bikram?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2004-05-05 7:30 AM (#5981 - in reply to #5969)
Subject: RE: wow, I get high, that's why i do it

I sure do feel a change for the better Peg. A sense of acomplishment for one thing and that I spent that time on myself on the road to enhanced mental and physical well being.
LoraB
Posted 2004-05-07 9:33 AM (#6074 - in reply to #5969)

Haven't tried Bikram, but I find that I have similar feelings after my classes as well. When you dream about a position do you try it the very next day? I do, and I find that I can get places in a pose that I couldn't get the day before with maximum efforting - it's like my subconcious just tells my body I'm ready for it, lets me know in the dream and there you have it. There are many times I leave class with grin on my face for hours, just from having gone to practice and completely given in to the power of it all. During one class I grinned through what seemed to be a million rounds of sun salutations (probably 8-10, really) just from the exhiliration of being there and energy that was being sent out by everyone in the room. Also find that I crave certain postures - just an intuitive need for whatever balancing effect it holds...
peggy
Posted 2004-05-09 11:29 AM (#6143 - in reply to #6074)

I agree totally. I do believe we practice postures in our sleep --- afterall it's all in the mind, and the hamstrings. peggy

Posted 2004-05-15 5:24 PM (#6430 - in reply to #6143)

...AND the hips...AND the shoulders...etc., etc.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)