YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

looking for yoga pen pals:-)
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Hatha YogaMessage format

Marta
Posted 2004-05-09 3:56 PM (#6151)
Subject: looking for yoga pen pals:-)

Hi Everyone,

I've been practising yoga for some time and now I am looking for yoga pen pals. I don't have the time to browse posts regularly but i would love to have e-mail correspondence. If there si anyone interested, let me know. Have a good day, Marta
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-05-10 10:39 AM (#6171 - in reply to #6151)
Subject: RE: looking for yoga pen pals:-)

Marta:
Then please give your EMail Address to neel@authenticyoga.org.

neel kulkarni www.authenticyoga.org
koroth
Posted 2004-05-19 1:04 PM (#6597 - in reply to #6151)

hello!
IAM BASED IN DUBAI UAE,GIVING PRIVATE TUTIONS IALSO GIVE AYURVEDIC MASSAGE,IAM AN INDIAN LEARNT YOGA FROM VIVEKANANDA,SIVANANDA KRISHNAMACHARI ALL INDIA...
HOW ABOUT YOU...?
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-05-19 3:06 PM (#6598 - in reply to #6151)

Shashi: Whom is your question addressed to?

Neel
Alena
Posted 2004-05-23 11:11 AM (#6705 - in reply to #6151)

Hello! My name is Alena and I'm 18 yaers old. I'm interested in Patandgali yoga and in Bhagavad-gita. I investigate these systems in a theoretical way, but further I'd like to do yoga in order to know all its effects. Well, I also want to know the connection between all types of yoga and the differences between them. Can anyone explain me this?
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-05-24 5:54 PM (#6760 - in reply to #6151)

Dear Alena:
It should take around 6 months each day study to understand basics of Patanjali System. and, around 5 years that of Shreemad Bhagavadgita. To start with : Read Patanjali Yoga Sutra by swami Sachidananda. And, then read Shreemad Bhagavadgita commentary by Adi Shankaracharya.

If you are in Virginia, contact me.

Best Luck.
Alena
Posted 2004-05-26 11:51 AM (#6851 - in reply to #6760)

Thank You very much for Your reply! I'm not in Virginia, I'm even not in USA, I'm from Russia, I live in Saint-Petersburg and I don't think that I'll ever visit this state.
I read Bhagavadgita in different variants, for ex., Prabhupada's variant with commentaries. I also read Yoga-Sutra in the variant of our russian philosophers and in swami Vivekananda's variant. But where did You take the exact periods of time which are necessary for studying these systems? Is it Your own experience? (excuse me if I'm too sharp and impolite, I don't really know who are You). And what should I do in order to understand these systems besides reading ? Are any practices necessary?
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-05-26 12:21 PM (#6852 - in reply to #6151)

Alena: I am not offended. You are sharp, but NOT impolite. That is how you should be to get a true knowledge. Out of what you have studied, the best Patanjali is from Vivekananda, unfortunately it is very brief and can be immediately understood by a past student, which probably you are. Those were lectures given and notes are what you are reading.

For Bhagavadgita, Swami Prabhupada is NOT a classical variant, it is based on Krishna Consciousness which I am not opposed to and which I respect. The classical one is that of Shree Adi Shankaracharya, also called as Jagadguru, or the teacher of the World. Who in the world is there who can equal Shankara's intellect and wisdom and devotion and selflessness. NONE, except only one example in the entire universe, who was Vyasa of Mahabharata.

What you should practice. a) Bhagavadgita. Somehow, obtain the meaning of Shree Shankara and try to memorize it. You can do this chapter by chapter or all at once. Then you have to recite or hear the bhagavadgita in Sanskrit or in English, or Russian, while remembering a meaning while reciting. After several months of practice, the understanding will set in your mind. If you have a question, first refer to the source I gave, and then if necessary, contact a real Scholar, preferably from India. If you discuss Bhagavadgita too much as is done in many circles, you will be in Circles. My prayers are with you. b) Shree Patanjali - I have an Audio which is so far considered the best chanting of this. But, now you have prompted me to write a practical application book on this topic. And, I thank you for this. I shall mention your name when it is published. For this, you can try to find tips from Swami Vivekananda's Rajayoga and practice them in small amounts.

Best Luck
Alena
Posted 2004-05-26 2:37 PM (#6861 - in reply to #6852)

You tell about true knowledge. But what is it? Is it connected with the idea of God and the idea of the divine soul?
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-05-26 3:31 PM (#6865 - in reply to #6151)

Alena:
Now you are too sharp. To understand True Knowledge, let me give you an example.

There is a girl who is 10 years old, starts studying science, biology, reproductive system, father, mother, etc. all concepts. Now, she becomes 15 and starts developing puberty, etc. She also knows what the motherhood means, etc. Of course, each natural average girl would like to become mother (do not dwell on this sentence, much). Next, she understands more and more about motherhood. But, the True Knowledge of motherhood comes when she herself becomes mother and starts playing that role.

The same thing applies in Yoga.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Alena
Posted 2004-05-27 2:13 PM (#6902 - in reply to #6865)

I didn't want to offend You at all. Nothing of the kind. What I want is to know more and to follow the right way. And by the question I asked I just showed my ignorance (as You could guess) and my aspiration for knowledge.
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-05-27 3:52 PM (#6909 - in reply to #6151)

Dear Alena: No, no, no. I liked the way you asked. When I said 'now you are too sharp', that was with good feeling and may be a different kind of humor. You asked a good question. But, did you get an answer from me? Otherwise, ask again. ha ha ha. I am sure you are a very sincere student.

Neel Kulkarni www.authenticyoga.org
Bliss2
Posted 2004-05-31 10:47 AM (#6995 - in reply to #6151)

Are you still looking for a yoga pen-pal?? I've been doing yoga for about 2 months
and I'm hooked!! Obsessed is more like it....
Let me know if your interested...

Cheri
zick
Posted 2004-09-08 8:59 AM (#9726 - in reply to #6151)
Subject: Namaskar

Hello,

Call me Isaac. i am 25 years old and interested in Yoga. i am from Ghana and would like meet any any who practes Yoga too.
i would talk to you later bye
Sweetk23
Posted 2012-04-04 9:28 PM (#210288 - in reply to #6151)

New User

Hi are you still looking for pen pals? Iv just started kundalini yoga
And with working six days a week I don't get to socialize alot
Would really like to make some new friends that have this intrest in
Common with me
Kate
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version