YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I GOT HURT IN A BIKRAM CLASS I CANT DEAL .....
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

terminator
Posted 2004-05-31 5:12 PM (#7003)
Subject: I GOT HURT IN A BIKRAM CLASS I CANT DEAL .....

WITHOUT PAINKILLERS OR CRUTCHES (I ALTERNATE) soon i will try a wheelchair ...i have chronic plantaar fisciatis(sp?) in the sole of my left foot from doing the toe stand....does anybody know a good doc i can see ? i live in s.f. ca and ive seen 8 docs and they say im screwed and they cant hepl me....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
gogirl58
Posted 2004-06-01 2:31 AM (#7020 - in reply to #7003)
Subject: RE: I GOT HURT IN A BIKRAM CLASS I CANT DEAL .....

Extreme Veteran

Hi,

I would guess that plantar faxcitis has many forms and degrees of severity, although I think by the time we notice it is hurts big time. It feels like it will never heal. I am not writing to tell you what to do,but to give MY experience.
First I have to say that I had plantar fascitis and it was explained to me as an injury coming from chronic conditions regarding my gait and my arch. I had to do foot exercises and I continue to wear orthodics. It was painful and I had to avoid being barefoot as much as possible. I believe one of the exarcabations ( causes) is tight hamstrings. I have found a connection between loosening my hanstrings and the pain decreasing. I didn't start yoga until about 10 months after my injury, when it was mostly healed. I continue to wear orthodics but only occasionally experience pain. I was actually helped by a podiatrist, I don't hink it takes a genius to treat this, it's relatively common.
My Cats' Mom
Posted 2004-06-01 9:24 AM (#7027 - in reply to #7020)
Subject: RE: I GOT HURT IN A BIKRAM CLASS I CANT DEAL .....

Have you surfed the web looking for ideas? Sometimes you can get some good, alternative medical info that way. Doctors don't always know everything. I had some back problems that the docs couldn't figure out. Only a couple yoga geniuses were able to help me and I'm relatively pain free now.

Peace,
Gwyn
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)