YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

studing yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Hatha YogaMessage format

ziserli
Posted 2004-06-07 9:08 AM (#7239)
Subject: studing yoga

namaste to all
i would really like to practice and studie yoga in thailand.i do hata yoga,sometimes astanga and meditationpractices.i look for a place were money is not the top priority but the gathering of good people with same intressts.does anybody know such a place
glad for all informations
thanks alot and blessings to all
susanne
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sivaram
Posted 2004-07-11 9:47 AM (#8286 - in reply to #7239)
Subject: RE: studing yoga

You'll have to come and take a look around. I live in Thailand, but haven't found such a place here yet, tho I haven't tried too hard. Ko Samui is supposed to be big on yoga, but i haven't been yet. It's also a real party island, but then Thailand is a real party country. Not too many people are coming here for spiritual practice. They're going to India. Then again there are monasteries here where one can go and learn and practice buddhist meditation (another form of yoga). There are also plenty of resorts where you can go and take lessons. I will teach any sincere person regardless of financial considerations. You could come and stay in Ban Phe and study with me.

Personally, I am looking to teach in a place such as you have described, but I think it is yet to be created. There are plenty of beautiful places where this could happen in Thailand.

If you really want to study yoga, there are plenty of places around the world where you can find real yoga and study seriously. At the moment Thailand doesn't seem to be such a place. One of the difficulties is that the current government is making it much harder for foreign visitors to stay here long term. I am trying to deal with this situation now. Others are dropping their businesses and leaving the country. It's a bit of an unceartain time here. 

You can PM or email me if you would like more information.

om shanti

sivaram

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)