YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electrolyte imbalance
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Yoga-Do-er
Posted 2004-06-10 11:30 AM (#7344)
Subject: Electrolyte imbalance

HEllo

Recently the weather has become very hot and muggy here in michigan and i sweated much more than usual in class on Tuesday... then once i left class since it was still hot outside i continued to sweat... and i noticed that my perspiration no longer tasted salty.

Fast forward to Wednesday and I felt lightheaded and intoxicated and sleepy (high... but not very pleasant). I felt like I wasn't myself... skipped class wednesday and slept.

drank gatorade this morning but not sure if that is enough...

question is... how do i make sure that my electrolytes stay in tact during the hot muggy summer months...? ps i do bikram about 4-5 times per week and have been doing it for about 6 weeks now. how do i measure sodium / potassium etc intake?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kathy Ann
Posted 2004-06-10 3:33 PM (#7355 - in reply to #7344)
Subject: RE: Electrolyte imbalance

Try this website: www.gookinaid.com

I am NOT trying to sell this product but I do use it and have been happy with the results. I live in Phoenix, AZ where it is VERY hot. Since I do a lot of hiking, even in the hot months, I assumed that my first Bikram class (last October) would be a snap. Was I ever wrong! I felt nauseous and had severe cramping afterwards. Fortunately, I knew it was dehydration so I tried drinking Gatorade during class but found it too sweet for my taste. I did a little research on the internet and discovered the above website.

My personal program is to drink 64 - 80 ounces of plain water during the day before an evening Bikram class and 1 quart of Gookinaid during class. Of course, everyone is different. Maybe the website will give you more info about quantities or you may just need to experiment.

Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)