YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga and weight loss
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> General FitnessMessage format

jeansyoga
Posted 2005-10-03 2:49 PM (#33586 - in reply to #8344)
Subject: RE: Body Appreciation Thread

I like that my legs and arms are really long even though my torso is very short. It makes it impossible to wear certain styles, and makes certain yoga poses particularly challenging! But it also makes me look taller and thinner than I am. For some reason people refer to me as "that tall girl," and I'm just barely over 5'5"!

Of course, that IS taller than some. It's pretty average I guess. Definitely not extraordinarily tall! I have good posture, too (thanks to yoga!) so maybe that helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-10-03 3:19 PM (#33595 - in reply to #8344)
Subject: RE: Yoga and weight loss

It's clear from reading this thread that we won't be happy until all the women look like supermodels! Stop eating, start smoking and a lot more puking. Best of luck.

jeansyoga
Posted 2005-10-03 4:14 PM (#33600 - in reply to #8344)

Working in the fitness center I get tons of beautiful, healthy women asking me all the time how they can lose their tummies, thighs, "fix" their "problem areas", etc. It is so sad - especially because the ones who ask are the ones who work out all the time and are in fabulous shape to begin with. What can I say but, cardio burns fat, strengthening exercises increase muscle tone, but the really important thing is that you feel healthy and strong enough to do all the things you want to do. You do the best you can with what God gave you, but at some point you have to accept that genetics will be a factor.

Or you could take the starving-smoking-puking route and just lie around looking glamorous because you haven't got the energy to move!
Cyndi
Posted 2005-10-03 4:16 PM (#33601 - in reply to #33595)

Expert Yogi

YogaGuy - 2005-10-03 3:19 PM

It's clear from reading this thread that we won't be happy until all the women look like supermodels! Stop eating, start smoking and a lot more puking. Best of luck.

Don't forget to Stop doing Yoga too!! Most Supermodels don't do yoga. Satyam hit the nail on the head the other day when we were discussing a particular actress and her body. He said she had a "pills" body. I thought that was cute,
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)