YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

calf streches
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> General FitnessMessage format

jebaz
Posted 2004-09-26 7:10 PM (#10299)
Subject: calf streches

I am having pain in my left heel I believe it is in my achilisis(sp?) area. I am laying off of running which I was only doing very little. But Down Dog is where I feel it the most discomfort. Any Sudgestions on which asanas can stretch my calf region other than down dog. I don't want to make this worse nor wait longer than I need too

Thanks
jebaz
Top of the page Bottom of the page
YogaChick
Posted 2004-11-22 8:19 PM (#12723 - in reply to #10299)
Subject: RE: calf streches

I'm new to the forum, otherwise I would have replied when you posted this question.

First of all, do you have an update on the condition? (Did you ever have it clearly diagnosed. . . . I'm just guessing it could be tendonitis of the achilles tendon, or plantar fasciatis.) Could be other things, but those 2 conditions are pretty common running injuries. It could also be from overstretching, in which case yoga would irritate the injury more than running. Your shoes could also be causing you problems. . . . even if you only run occasionally, I would strongly recommend getting your shoes from a specialty running store. They will fit you for shoes based on your build and your running form to compensate for problems like overpronation or supination.

To stretch or not to stretch depends on the diagnosis. . . .
tourist
Posted 2004-11-22 8:42 PM (#12727 - in reply to #10299)

Expert Yogi

Pain in the heel is often not heel related but plantar fasciitis - inflammation of the plantar fascia, which is the long, tight structure running between the heel and forefoot. Runners get it a LOT but DH got hisfrom baseball cleats. How is it now?
injuryupdate
Posted 2004-11-23 2:23 AM (#12736 - in reply to #10299)

Achilles tendon injuries can be tricky to fix quickly. Chronic tendon injuries make a quick transition from inflammatory in nature (tendinitis) to an actual tendon weakening and degredative state (tendinosis). ACTIVE rest is essential to ensure you are still using you tendon, stimulating growth and recovery but not over stressing it causing more damage. Some extra info here if you want an idea of exercises and other treatment options:

http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/issues/tendon_healing.php

Edited by injuryupdate 2004-11-23 2:31 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)