YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DC Area Holiday Workshops
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

YogaDancer
Posted 2004-11-20 11:46 AM (#12608)
Subject: DC Area Holiday Workshops

This is from a mailing list I run. I thought I'd share the details here. If you know of something happening I missed, by all means, share! :) It is but a sampling of what's happening around the area Thanksgiving weekend! Lots to consider. There are a lot of travelers this time of year and after family visits, I know I'm always glad to know I can sneak away and get a class in. Of course, that might just be me....

Golden Heart Yoga, Annapolis, MD
November 25, 9:00 - 11:00.
Well, yours truly is going to be teaching her very first workshops this weekend. :) With a lot of help from many of my fabulous teacher friends, Gratitude Attitude is coming together for Thanksgiving Morning. This day can be a bit stressful, even if it's just the excitement of seeing family members after a long absence. Come on out to gorgeous Annapolis and the even more lovely Golden Heart Yoga studio and get in a nice practice that might remind you of why we do any of this anyway. :) Then, if you're nontraditional, you can blow everything else off and have lunch at the Annapolis docks before heading back to face .... it all.

November 26, again 9:00 - 11:00
The day after come back for ... The Day After. Work through some postures that might help foster digestion and get cleanse the tryptophane out of your system. Reenergize, refresh, and head out to face the day after's shopping. Or a good nap, which ever you'd prefer. :)

Sunday, November 28, 12:00 - 2:00
Debbie Jensen is coming to lead Yoga Nidra. If you haven't experienced Yoga Nidra yet, this would be a perfect time. The last Sunday of a holiday weekend can be kind of depressing. Why not pamper yourself, set intentions for the upcoming year (why wait?), and deeply relax before the hectic holiday season?

Willow Street Yoga, Takoma Park & Silver Spring, MD
Friday, November 26 from 9-11:00
Affiliated Anusara Teacher Sommer Sobin-Paris & Certified Anusara Teacher Paul Sobin return from the wilds of North Carolina for what is becoming a Thanksgiving tradition! In Takoma Park Burn the Bird! Give thanks to yourself and burn away the Thanksgiving diner and family stress with this invigorating Vinyasa class. It will be a smorgasbord of all the delicious flavors of asana. Be prepared to sweat. This workshop is best suited for Levels I/II and up. Space is limited, so sign up in advance!

Sunday, November 27 from 1-3:00
In Silver Spring, Certified Anusara teacher Kate Miller can help you treat yourself to relaxing afternoon of rejuvenation before the rest of the Holiday Season revs up with this opening and introspective Restorative Workshop. Restorative poses are supported yoga asanas that offer the opportunity to receive the healing rest our busy bodies long for. You will be invited to turn deep inside with the company of your own breath and let go into your own inner solitude. Guaranteed to be relaxing and soothing.

Tranquil Space, Washington, DC
November 25th, 10-11:30
Join Tranquil Space in celebration of yoga and gratitude on this festive day with a 90-minute Thanksgiving Charity yoga class in the sea AND sky studios with Danielle and Anne. Your donation will support the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, Inc. (TAPS) , a national non-profit organization made up of, and providing services to, all those who have lost a loved one while serving in the Armed Forces. Honor all you have to be grateful for with your fellow yogis on this special holiday. Thank you for supporting Tranquil Space! We're very grateful for YOU and your continued growth on and off the mat.

Pure Prana Yoga Studio, Alexandria, VA
November 27 10-12:30 and 2-4:30
Join Master Anusara teacher Doug Keller Saturday for an Anusara Intensive! Thanks to its elegant set of alignment principles and its heart-oriented Tantric philosophy, Anusara Yoga has become one of the fastest growing Hatha yoga systems in the world. Doug Keller can easily help you explore your own practice incorporating these principles and help you deepen your understanding of the other 7 limbs of yoga. Doug's philosophy and history discussions are interesting and fun. Doug has a gift for "bringing it all home" in a easily understood, logical and pragmatic manner. Don't miss him!

Greater Baltimore Yoga & Monkton Village Yoga in Maryland

Enjoy some family time together learning more about each other with easy and fun hands-on yoga. Together in this Family Yoga Workshop Deb Denofrio will use a playful approach to look at flexibility, strength and balance as a way to connect to each other. We will play non-competitive "yoga" games, visualization and drawing activities. at Greater Baltimore November 27, 2-3:00 and November 28, 2-3:00 at Monkton Village Yoga.

Unity Woods, Washington, DC November 27 from 9-12:00
Don't forget that Liz Marx' Backbend Intensive: Dropping Over Backwards will happen Saturday in their Bethesda studio.
Dropping backward can be an exhilarating experience filling us with a deep sense of aliveness. We will explore strength, flexibility, alignment, breath and other supporting subtleties of drop-backs. Prerequisite: must have a regular backbending practice and be able to do Urdhva Dhanurasana with straight arms.

Edited by YogaDancer 2004-11-20 11:47 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)