YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pets and Yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

YogaChick
Posted 2004-12-17 3:57 PM (#13799)
Subject: Pets and Yoga

Just wonering, for those of you who have animals in the house, how they respond to your practice at home.

I had a labrador retriever who used to mimic my movements. She would specifically mimic down dog, up dog, and corpse pose very well. (It was hilarious!! People didn't believe me until they saw it with their own eyes.)

The dog I have now is very energetic (she's only a year old). Sometimes she crawls over me while I'm in seated postures, and runs between my legs in standing poses.

I sometimes choose to practice while the dog is in the house rather than when she is in the back yard. Pets can be a loving reminder not to take yourself too seriously!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2004-12-17 7:29 PM (#13805 - in reply to #13799)
Subject: RE: Pets and Yoga

Expert Yogi

OK, I'm not an animla person so I inwardly groan when I read these threads (hey, I"m just being honest...) BUT...I had a little terrier when I was a teen still living at home. She was a very smart dog and didn't bother me when I practiced but she became absolutely certain something was terribly wrong when I did Savasana and would lick and poke me until I got up. Must have been a very convincing corpse pose:-)
itchytummy
Posted 2004-12-19 7:31 PM (#13847 - in reply to #13805)
Subject: RE: Pets and Yoga

You know, I once saw this book called "Doga," (I don't know who the author is) it's about dogs and yoga. Apparently the idea behind it is that you can learn a lot about your yoga practice by getting in touch with your puppy pals. Also, if you're interested in learning how to incorporate your furry friends into your practice, it might be worth a look.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)