YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Able to focus more on yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

itchytummy
Posted 2004-12-21 3:28 PM (#13890)
Subject: Able to focus more on yoga

I will soon be able to focus more on yoga again. I just had my graduation ceremony last night, and as soon as I get the rest of my work turned in today, I'll be home free! Boy, these last few years were a real struggle to finish school--I was car-jacked twice the first time during mid-terms, the second time during finals, my house has been broken into, my mom has gotten sick, and way too much more stuff (that if I mention, this post will turn into a novel). I can't believe I lived through all that and still have been able to graduate. I am so happy. Now after a few weeks of lowered yoga activity so that I could focus more on my university studies, I'll be done and will get "back into the yoga groove" as Lora puts it. Hooray!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2004-12-21 3:33 PM (#13891 - in reply to #13890)
Subject: RE: Able to focus more on yoga

Congrats Rachelle! Sounds like quite an eventful few yers--car-jacked twice?? Come to Texas kiddo--we'll get you a concealed carry permit. Hey, looking at it from a karma standpoint, what GOOD things have happened to balance it all out?
LoraB
Posted 2004-12-21 4:38 PM (#13893 - in reply to #13890)

congratulations Rachelle! That's awesome! Doesn't it feel great to be done?

I turned in my last project yesterday, and got 3 of my five grades back today...GPA's standing firm at 3.75, and hit yoga class last night!!!

Now back to the yoga!
itchytummy
Posted 2004-12-21 7:43 PM (#13894 - in reply to #13893)

Thanks guys.

Bruce, you made a good point about the karma. All the crud I went through was worth hearing my mom say, "Me so ploud of you!" (English isn't her first language, so she's got an accent.)

Lora, it does feel awesome to be done! 3.75, huh? Sounds like you might graduate Suma Cum Laude or at least something of the like. (I should have graduated Magna Cum Laude, but they forgot to print that in the program or say it on the podium. Oh well. As long as I know I did my best, it's all good.) I bet your parents are really proud of you. Can't wait to see a post from you saying that you graduated in the future. Good luck!

Posted 2004-12-21 7:51 PM (#13897 - in reply to #13894)

LOL! My good friend and yogini's mother is from the PI--when she calls her on her cell phone she yells, "HELLO!" like the strength is needed to get her voice all the way to the USA. Moms are a crack up ain't they?
itchytummy
Posted 2004-12-21 8:21 PM (#13899 - in reply to #13897)

Moms are hilarious. I could so do a Margarent Cho style stand-up bit imitating my mother's accent.

When it comes to guilt tripping, she's worse than a Jewish mother. But I can't help but laugh because of her accent. Before I graduated it was, "When you gladuate? Why it taking so long? Oh when you gladuate, me going to be so ploud!"

Now that I've graduated she's already wondering where the grandkids are, "When I get granchiren? You make sure daddy is smart and goodrooking. Becus me no want ugry dumb granchiren! Maybe daddy of granbaby should have hazel eye. Hazel eye be so pletty with your brack hair. Make sure husband make good money so he can take good care of you and my granbabies. Okay...."

Now can you imagine what it must be like to listen to this for at least half and hour? Yeesh! But you gotta love Asian mommas who speak English with an accent--they can be so funny! Sometimes I save my voicemails from her...

Edited by itchytummy 2004-12-21 8:23 PM
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-12-21 10:29 PM (#13904 - in reply to #13890)

Congratulations LoraB. You are a living example of 'Yoga Works"!!!

neel
Orbilia
Posted 2004-12-22 4:54 AM (#13912 - in reply to #13904)

Congratulations on your achievement. It didn't feel real for me until I had that bit of paper in my hand

Fee

Posted 2004-12-22 5:38 AM (#13914 - in reply to #13899)

Rach,
If you do NOTHING else in life listen to your mom--tho it may be funny--everything you quote her saying below is GREAT advice:
"When I get granchiren? You make sure daddy is smart and goodrooking. Becus me no want ugry dumb granchiren! Maybe daddy of granbaby should have hazel eye. Hazel eye be so pletty with your brack hair. Make sure husband make good money so he can take good care of you and my granbabies. Okay...."
tourist
Posted 2004-12-22 9:43 AM (#13917 - in reply to #13914)

Expert Yogi

Yeah, and the moms without accents are wishing all those things even when we don't say them! Especially the "ploud" part!
Thushara
Posted 2004-12-22 10:30 PM (#13941 - in reply to #13890)

Itchy Tummyyyyy Congradulations!!!! for your graduation!

Hey now you will have some free time to go to Thailand and see those “Vegetarian Tigers "
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)