YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga and surfing?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

afroyogi
Posted 2004-12-26 1:43 PM (#14002)
Subject: Yoga and surfing?

Heya!
Today I watched a doccie on TV, that was about surfing. As a former windsurfer of course I had to see that. Cool camera, bestest waves, cool people, all fine. Then towards the end the narrator said something like "Once in every surfer's life he comes to the point when he realizes that he's become a surfer and will be for the rest of his life. It's not what he does but what he is!"
It somehow struck me. I never was a surfer! I went surfing sometimes but I gave it up when I became too fat and too occupied with other things.
But I guess one can easily translate that into yoga. Because now, in this stage of my life I practice yoga, it may be that some time in the future I will quit it again. But maybe some day I will become a yogi, and once I'm there I will be a yogi for the rest of my life.
Anyways, I recognized there are many other things yoga and surfing have in common: It's about harmony, it's about surrendering to a greater force, it's non-competitive (World-Cup-Surfers don't really count in the "sole surfers" community), it's about you, your board and the wave, nothing else, it's about being relaxed and centered, and while surfing you're in an almost meditative state of mind. I never felt happier than in the short moments when you feel the wave lifting you up, that's like ... divine!?
Any beach bunnies here who can confirm that theory of mine?
Or am I - as usual - just talking glibberish?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)