YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Partner Yoga / Couples Yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Bay Guy
Posted 2005-01-14 9:22 AM (#14871 - in reply to #14833)
Subject: RE: Partner Yoga / Couples Yoga

Expert Yogi

LoraB - 2005-01-13 3:13 PM

Most of the boys in my yoga classes are either with their girlfriends or not of my persuasion (or old enough to be my father - nice to talk to, not really my type)......Looks like I'm outta luck for now, but I'm not opposed to guy yogis.

I have to admit that I've never really seen much of a pick up scene at my yoga classes...
...with the exception of one or two women who tried very hard to get my attention.
Unfortunately for them, I am very happily married.

PS: Guys, let's knock it off with political discussion. We just need to wait a few years until
Hillary is elected.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mkotya
Posted 2005-01-14 10:56 AM (#14887 - in reply to #14871)

I had two situations, both quite uncomfortable where people approached me "through" yoga. One guy (actually very cute) in the same yoga class asked me out, but I was already dating someone seriously at the time. I said no and explained why, but it was rather awkward afterwards, 'cause both of us kept bumping into each other in the class. The other situation was really creepy. This was outside of the class, I was just demonstrating some asanas at a relative's party. This person was watching me, then showered me with compliments and conversations on yoga. Then he asked me on a date. This guy is older than my father and his wife was there with him at the party. Yuk!

Edited by mkotya 2005-01-14 10:58 AM
afroyogi
Posted 2005-01-14 2:46 PM (#14907 - in reply to #14437)
Subject: RE: Partner Yoga / Couples Yog

>> This guy is older than my father and his wife was there with him at the party. Yuk! <<

And I thought dirty old men are a sitcom invention. On the other hand I must say that you had it coming - shamelessly showing of at a party.
mkotya
Posted 2005-01-14 9:23 PM (#14945 - in reply to #14907)

afroyogi - 2005-01-14 2:46 PM
On the other hand I must say that you had it coming - shamelessly showing of at a party.

Well, I was talking to three other females and showing them the poses, so I wasn't expecting any pick up lines... Also, all of the people at the party were related either by marriage or by bloodline. You would figure the likelyhood of anyone there being interested is practically zero. On the other hand, I've heard that a lot of guys consider yoga very sexual. I can kinda understand why, but never thought much of it. Perhaps, I should be more careful next time...

Edited by mkotya 2005-01-14 9:26 PM
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-01-14 10:40 PM (#14949 - in reply to #14945)

Expert Yogi

That's a puzzle --- guys thinking yoga is sexual? Maybe guys who have a hard time
being around women in leotards? Or guys who think that if both you and a woman
are in shorts it means you're being naughty? This I don't get. Yoga is about as
sexual as income tax.
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-01-15 1:33 PM (#14957 - in reply to #14949)

Yoga is about as sexual as income tax.<<

Are you sure you are doing it right?
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-01-15 1:47 PM (#14959 - in reply to #14957)

Expert Yogi

Yoga, sex, or my taxes?
afroyogi
Posted 2005-01-15 2:23 PM (#14962 - in reply to #14437)

Yoga is not about sex but I have to admit I like to have a looksee too. Is that bad? I don't think so! I'm a very happy married guy and have no intention hitting on some yoga hottie. Not in class or after. But let's face it, we are animals, so there always will be the looking around thing. It's unconsciously done, caused by our biology. It's nature at its best. Nothing to be ashamed of.
LoraB
Posted 2005-01-15 4:45 PM (#14963 - in reply to #14437)

Yeah, I've seen guys faces light up when I mention I practice yoga - I think it has something to do with them thinking that anyone who does it is particularly "bendy".

Posted 2005-01-15 5:38 PM (#14964 - in reply to #14963)

Conversely, when I mention I'm a yogi, women think I'm "sensitive." When I say I'm studying to teach it, they think I'm a wizened guru.
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-01-15 8:44 PM (#14968 - in reply to #14962)

Expert Yogi

afroyogi - 2005-01-15 2:23 PM

Yoga is not about sex but I have to admit I like to have a looksee too. Is that bad? I don't think so! I'm a very happy married guy and have no intention hitting on some yoga hottie. Not in class or after. But let's face it, we are animals, so there always will be the looking around thing. It's unconsciously done, caused by our biology. It's nature at its best. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Oh, sure, I think it's true that men's brains are hardwired to look at women. That's why
the old yogis came up with brahmacharya. If I'm in a class trying to learn something from
the teacher, the last thing I want is to start sneaking glances at the good looking yoginis
around me (and yogini is pretty much synonymous with good looking). It's really distracting
to my learning and my practice if I start thinking about something other than yoga, whether
it's a pretty woman or that self-centered little prick who works upstairs from me... sorry,
I'm getting off topic. As I wrote earlier, I don't think yoga itself is sexual, unless you direct the
energy that way.
Thushara
Posted 2005-01-17 4:01 AM (#14997 - in reply to #14968)

Bay Guy - 2005-01-16 7:44 AM

afroyogi - 2005-01-15 2:23 PM

Oh, sure, I think it's true that men's brains are hardwired to look at women. That's why
the old yogis came up with brahmacharya. If I'm in a class trying to learn something from
the teacher, the last thing I want is to start sneaking glances at the good looking yoginis
around me (and yogini is pretty much synonymous with good looking). It's really distracting
to my learning and my practice if I start thinking about something other than yoga, whether
it's a pretty woman or that self-centered little prick who works upstairs from me... sorry,
I'm getting off topic. As I wrote earlier, I don't think yoga itself is sexual, unless you direct the
energy that way.

Yep I agree with Bay guy.. If we go to do yoga.. Lets do yoga.. These things are very annoying when you are in the yoga class. It needs nothing but the concentration and peace of mind., Why ruin it ?????

YogaGuy
Posted 2005-01-17 10:52 AM (#15013 - in reply to #14997)

Thushara - 2005-01-17 4:01 AM

Yep I agree with Bay guy.. If we go to do yoga.. Lets do yoga.. These things are very annoying when you are in the yoga class. It needs nothing but the concentration and peace of mind., Why ruin it ?????

Yeah, It's funny. Sometimes I look around before class and I see a lot of pretty girls and think to myself "man, it's going to be hard to concentrate!" but I find that once class gets going, I don't pay attention to anyone else.

As far as yoga being sexual...well it is and it isn't. Yoga is often defined as "union" and sex certainly qualifies as a union of sorts. I definitely think guys are turned on by the "bendy" aspect and the self-awareness aspects. A person that knows their own body really well will usually make a better lover than the person who can't tell their right from their left. Yoga is an emotional practice that stimulates lots of feelings...some of which are sexual. It's certainly not a how-to/karma sutra/tantric sort of practice, but it is a practice that can enhance your sex life.

afroyogi
Posted 2005-01-17 4:50 PM (#15024 - in reply to #14437)

Thanks, BG, I couldn't have said it better. No really, regarding my denglish, I couldn't
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)