YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fire inside
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Hatha YogaMessage format

lokochu
Posted 2005-01-07 6:07 PM (#14492)
Subject: fire inside

hi, I'm new here and I'm glad I found a forum related to hatha yoga...I have a question that maybe some of you can help me answer. I'm 21 years old male and I've been practising yoga since I'm 13 but during this year i've been experiencing that some hours after the class has finished i feel like a real fire inside my whole body, it's hard to explain the feeling . It's not temperature since i've already discarded that posibility. Although most times it's not an uncomfotable sensation, it's weird and sometimes it do bother me. Maybe this may have happened to some of you... thank you anyway!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
itchytummy
Posted 2005-01-07 9:40 PM (#14517 - in reply to #14492)
Subject: RE: fire inside

Don't know what to tell you exactly. Could you give us more details? The people in this forum could probably help you out better if you were more specific and described what you've been feeling in more depth. (I've heard that people experiencing strange feelings such as this could be awakening their kundalini, but don't take my word as gospel, as I'm just speculating.)

Posted 2005-01-08 12:02 AM (#14521 - in reply to #14517)

I think I had that feeling at 21 and never even heard of yoga. Not being a smart ass--think it's becoming a man--welcome to the club.
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-01-08 12:08 AM (#14522 - in reply to #14492)

Dear lokochu:
Please answer the following questions.

1. Are you doing more or less the same practice all these 8 years in terms of type, time, and intensity?

2. Is there any difference in the last year in terms of your practice such as change of amount, intensity, teacher, type of class, whatever?

3. Please describe your eating habits, and their relation with timing of your yoga practice.

4. How much Yoga Practice you do each day?

5. What is the environment of your habitat and also of Yoga Practice? I mean humidity, temperature, etc.

6. Do you feel more energetic through out the day than you used to before?

7. How much and how deeply you get rest?

8. Do you practice shavasana after your practice?

Regards
Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
afroyogi
Posted 2005-01-08 7:45 PM (#14551 - in reply to #14492)

I tried ONCE in my life Indian food and experienced "fire inside" as well. I'm certainly not going to do this again
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-01-09 9:25 PM (#14580 - in reply to #14551)

Expert Yogi

You're nuts! Indian food is great! Just don't go after the vindaloos if
you don't like it hot. You can almost always ask the cook to make it
hotter or cooler...it's mainly a function of how much cayenne pepper gets
added to the sauce.
innerline
Posted 2005-01-09 11:15 PM (#14588 - in reply to #14492)

Is it vibrational or more like liquid? The etheric template has many odd sensations when it is changing. You might want to do a neck meditation to help it along at these times. Do you get scared at all during it. Grounding is key to all energy transformations. It sounds like you are very lucky to have this. See if you can let it do its thing. When I had strange sensations through my whole body and I got use to it and surrendered to it, it would turn into a full body orgasim. No crack needed. Most of these experiences are well in the unknown. Years later the understanding came but pales in comparison to the experiences. It really means nothing the things we tell our selves of what is happening, since who or what is the real knower. A book, someone else, our reflective mind, intuition, the witness, your being? Thoughts do not touch these stange spaces. Burn from within.
Thushara
Posted 2005-01-10 6:34 AM (#14602 - in reply to #14588)

Is this happening to you after a run, or after other type of physical workouts as well? Or is it Only after Yoga ??? You got to find that first . Your explanation is not clear.

afroyogi
Posted 2005-01-10 2:51 PM (#14616 - in reply to #14492)

BG, my biggest error was to eat in a indian restaurant in ... gasp, London ... of all places! In England it seems even the Indians forgot how to cook properly. I don't remember what I had exactly, but the menu said something like "extra mild for tourists". Probably I'm just a sissy
lokochu
Posted 2005-01-10 10:30 PM (#14653 - in reply to #14492)

well, first of all thnx for your replies, maybe I should've explained that in more detail. But it's so difficult to give details of a feeling through words, I'll try again though.
first i'll give it a try by answering you questions =)

kulkarnn wrote:
1. Are you doing more or less the same practice all these 8 years in terms of type, time, and intensity?
Although this year the teacher has changed, the intensity, time and type is more less the same...I believe there weren't many changes in the routine or the kind of asanas.
2. Is there any difference in the last year in terms of your practice such as change of amount, intensity, teacher, type of class, whatever?
well, I think the previous question has already answered that, but I say this again, the type of class is the same.
3. Please describe your eating habits, and their relation with timing of your yoga practice.
I never eat 1 hour before of after the yoga class and my eating habits have not changed during this year in terms of kind and amount of food.
4. How much Yoga Practice you do each day?
Well, although it depends of my college timetable, I usually do 40 minutes every day except twice a week when I do 2 hours during the day.
5. What is the environment of your habitat and also of Yoga Practice? I mean humidity, temperature, etc.
Well, refering to Argentina, it changes a lot during the year, from 0ºC in winter to 35ºC in summer but it's usually very wet here, humidity rates tend to be more than 60%.
6. Do you feel more energetic through out the day than you used to before?
Well not in fact. I usually practise yoga from 6pm to 7pm...and at 11pm usually start that "fire" but it makes feel a bit dizzy and tired. But apart from that, troughout the day I feel almost as energetic as usual.
7. How much and how deeply you get rest?
I can't sleep less than 8 hours (I love sleeping )and fortunately I do sleep very soundly.
8. Do you practice shavasana after your practice?
yes, ALWAYS. that's a Must. And I spend about 10/20 minutes in shavasana.

uhmm, about the indian food, I've tried when I was younger and I know what you're saying, but it has nothing to do with that feeling.

innerline wrote:
Do you get scared at all during it?
---Not at all.

Thushara wrote:
Is this happening to you after a run, or after other type of physical workouts as well? Or is it Only after Yoga ???
---I've practised a lot of different sports in my life: fencing, gymnastics, volleyball, swimming (i still do now). And it never happened to me to have this feeling after working out, the fire and heat does not come from my muscles as a result of physical effort as I've experienced when I was practising those sports.

I usually do yoga at 6-8pm...and the fire starts 3 or 4 hours later. I can give you details of the asanas I do if it's important, just tell me. The sensation is very difficult to explain, it's like suffering from a sunburnt, it's not at all painful though. it's like every single cell from my body is producing heat, though i'm not hot from outside, the temperature of my skin is normal and i'm not sweating at all. But I do feel a bit dizzy and tired. However that heat is not "static". Imagine the sensation when shivering from cold or fear when the whole body is full of that energy flowing, but this time imagine that energy made of heat and that's HOW I feel.

I told this to my yoga teacher and he told me it's common to feel strange after the yoga practise, I will ask him again and insist on this after the summer break which ends in Frebruary here in Argentina.

well, thanks a lot again to all of you for reading and helping
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-01-11 12:14 AM (#14661 - in reply to #14492)

Now dear lockachu:
I suggest you the following practice for two weeks each day, and then let me know how that worked.

1. After your Yoga Practice, once 30 min are over, drink 1 or 2 glasses of fantastic pure water, distilled water available in any super market. If two glasses are too much, start with one glass.

2. Also, perform meditation before and after your Yoga Practice, 10 min each time.

3. If you are eating 3 meals, replace one meal with only pure fruit juice, the second meal with solid fruits and nuts, and third as you like, which should not be very spicty.

Best Luck
neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
innerline
Posted 2005-01-11 11:33 PM (#14739 - in reply to #14653)

I times I thought I was loosing my mind. Having no idea what was going on. At times of intense fire, at others a cold intense vibration. I was not cold, but when people would touch me it was very cold. When it was vibrational it was like having so many multiple perceptions at once that I new everything and absolutely nothing at the same time. At the most intense times my visual perception would change according to the vibration that was going on. This lasted four years, starting when I was 21 years old. It ended when I was able to perceive it as not something that was happening to me but a dragonfly spirit that was able to resonate with me or vis-versa. I let it come into my sixth chakra, and take over in a sense and vibrate my skull and brain to an amazing degree. I felt like a dragonfly. This dragonfly spirit was so fast and could travel at tremendous speeds. I new for some reason I had the perceptual speed to catch up to it. It was moving across valleys in a second. My looking eyes had nothing to do with it. I was using my seeing eyes, very different. My best friend saw me at the time and said I looked absolutely insane. My head felt like it was getting pointy inbetween my eyebrows. I do not have it anymore. I know since then that I am different because of it. It has something to do with death and the etheric body. Collectively we know .00000001 percent about the etheric body. When we do know more we won't be dieing physically. Was I scared. Yes, but not like someone was putting a gun to my head. It was just so foreign that the calming function of the mind had no effect. I am a very daring person though. Today I went off a 15 foot cliff snowboarding, to give you a sense. I have major injuries because of this daring. My dad while growing up always told me I act as if I do not have a physical body. So I do yoga, teach yoga, and I am a Rolfer because I need it the most. I have a cosmic crack through my aura that makes me dance on a fine line, must be present, or death will easily take me. I normally do not talk like this, I was a electrical engineer at the time.I was definitely not metaphysical or new agey. But was as sharp as they come mentally, but emotionally clueless. Hope my story helps. I am 31 years old now.
lokochu
Posted 2005-01-12 12:56 AM (#14743 - in reply to #14492)

well, first of all thanks a lot kulkarnn. I've already started this morning to follow your advices. However, I will do this gradually since it's kind of difficult to change so dramatically my eating habits...so today I only replaced breakfast...and during the second week I will replace both meals.
Innerline thanks a lot for sharing your story, it's a bit difficult for me to understan what you are traying to say, but I think I got the message.
I have still one question left though...what's exactly is this feeling? I mean what it is and why has started.
Thanks very much again ! =)
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-01-12 5:06 PM (#14776 - in reply to #14492)

dear lokochu:
I shall tell it after you complete the plan I gave for 2 months. If that plan does not work, I shall be adding more plan. But, do not worry, you are a great student.
Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
lokochu
Posted 2005-01-12 8:14 PM (#14787 - in reply to #14492)

well, then I'll wait this two months...I'll let you know how this is doing =)...
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-01-12 11:12 PM (#14796 - in reply to #14492)

lokochu:
Thanks for the patience in waiting. I wish to reward you with the following:

Your pose is very good. Add, these points: while in that pose, bring the knees as close as possible to each other, and take the heels as away from each other as possible. Also, keep the feet with flexed toes, and try to take the knees as high as possible from the ground.

Best Luck
Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
innerline
Posted 2005-01-13 5:30 PM (#14845 - in reply to #14743)

lokochu - 2005-01-11 10:56 PM

Innerline thanks a lot for sharing your story, it's a bit difficult for me to understan what you are traying to say, but I think I got the message.
I have still one question left though...what's exactly is this feeling? I mean what it is and why has started.
Thanks very much again ! =)

I can not answer what it is, since that would take alot of people having it and our collective knowledge would need to be light years from where it is. Ancient yoga knowledge on this won't work since the etheric template of the earth has changed already, so the kundalini knowledge is outdated from then and is being poorly expressed now. Our etheric template changes every seven years. This is why it started at age 21. I think the Mayan's knowledge might be the closest since they were good at time travel and their technical knowledge is timeless. But is the hardest knowledge to enter into. Is the fire inside a problem that needs to be fixed? I have had many peak experiences in conscouisness and they all began with something that could be seen as a problem, only to have it grow way beyond the initial experience into some relization. The relizations always makes our current knowledge, even esoteric, seem like a child just guessing. Nothing can make up for the experience and the knowing that comes from it. Knowledge comes from seeing and most of what I see, we do not even have precepts for yet. Many times I feel like I am working on quantum computing but can only speak in the language of vacuum tubes. Subtle energy science has started and is something I am very excited about. I work with complex multidimensional symbols now to express clearly energy relationships to myself. I have shown it to others but it looks like mathmatical art. Torriods, eggs , spirals , tubes, chakras, infinity lines, binding forces, tensegrity models, chaos models, etc. Good luck on the suggestions. Let me know how things go.
mkotya
Posted 2005-01-14 10:16 PM (#14947 - in reply to #14492)

I can somewhat relate. Lately, I feel back side of my neck and left side of my head (extending all the way to the ear) get really hot. The feeling stays with me for quite a while, at times for several hours and usually happens in the evening. I don't know what to make of it and I was just ignoring it, 'cause the feeling is usually gone in the morning.
lokochu
Posted 2005-02-25 5:50 PM (#17727 - in reply to #14492)

well, it's been almost a month since I've been following your advice on my food habits. The thing is I quit hatha yoga and I started Ashtanga, but the whole fire thing seems to have almost disappear and I'm so happy about that, I feel stronger and happier, so thanks to you all for your advice...

forever grateful
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-02-27 8:01 AM (#17798 - in reply to #14492)

Dear Friend Locochu:
I really appreciate your sincerity. If you started Ashtanga, there is NO change you have done from Hatha Yoga. Because, it is exactly same as Hatha yoga done in a slighly different way. I would appreciate if yyou post that Your Fire Problem disappeared by following the food habits suggested, it will immensely help many on this board. i am not trying to advertise myself. I already know that I was correct as I have worked with hundreds. But, for the benefit of others, I request you to do so.

I wish you best luck with Ashtanga Hatha Yoga Style.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)