YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First class in 05
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

afroyogi
Posted 2005-01-10 4:34 PM (#14631)
Subject: First class in 05

No question, no helpful hints, nothing of interest, just a very selfish little review of my first class in the new year:

Yah, my gym finally has monday classes on offer, yippie! So I went and noticed it was not overcrowded. A wonder! It is a completely new built gym, all very neat and tidy (still) and now I have get used to visit 4 different gyms every week. No, problem, this new outfit is rather close to my home, good. But do they have proper yoga mats? No, just some very thick and small mats for I don't know what type of activity. Note to self: next monday don't be lazy - bring your own mat! Another good thing, the group training room is far away from crashing weight noises and there are no pumping techno-beats from the spinning room audible. Also the room is rather smallish, so the atmosphere is a bit more comfy as usual. But, alas, the air-con was running on full power and gave us a good shiver.
Okay, the class itself was fairly easy, all new beginners and I rather enjoyed this slow start after my extended break from any yoga activities.
Then, during the first child's pose there it was again, the disturbing pinch in my right foot! VUCK
How can this be, I put lots of Voltaren Gel all over the foot and gave it a good rest for more than 4 weeks now - and still it didn't get any better

That's all from me for today, goody nighty
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LoraB
Posted 2005-01-10 4:37 PM (#14632 - in reply to #14631)
Subject: RE: First class in 05

No remedies for ya, but a friend of mine gets a strange pinch in her foot sometimes in child's pose, as well as a couple others. I think in her case it has something to do with where her ankle ends up....It bothers her most in hero pose, though. She's taken to just living with it - better luck to you!
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-01-11 9:40 AM (#14671 - in reply to #14632)

Expert Yogi

Maybe just modify how you place the foot in the pose?

I've had to do similar kinds of adjustments for hands and wrists, and
usually what it means is trying to spread the bones and open the joints
so that there's less compression going on. I've spent several months fine
tuning some of these placements in poses like down-dog, handstand, and
kukkutasana, and the payoff has come gradually but unambiguously.
afroyogi
Posted 2005-01-11 4:17 PM (#14703 - in reply to #14631)

BG, thanks for asking. Well, actually it hurts always when I point my foot. After the season break this is not so bad anymore. Now it starts to hurt as soon as I put some pressure/weight on the pointed foot though, for example in all poses where one is supposed to sit on it. For the moment it's only in the area where the big toe meets the foot and spreads down to the outside of the big toe. Before x-mas, when it was worst, I noticed the pain started somewhere at the ankle and went from there to the big toe in a straight line. I assume it's a pinched or irritated nerve. I've got a similar thing now in my left arm, probably spending too much time at my computers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)