YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crying in Class
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Posted 2005-01-24 11:33 AM (#15470 - in reply to #15466)
Subject: RE: Crying in Class

<>

No I didn't but it's always good to have it documented AND it establishes a sound baseline should the level ever vary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
itchytummy
Posted 2005-01-25 2:33 AM (#15504 - in reply to #15461)

tourist - 2005-01-24 7:10 AM

Oh yes, I AM Canadian We have to have a sense of humour here - it's a bit like living next door to a rich, loud, messy crazy person... *hides*

I could use a room full of women having their periods this week for hormonal encouragement. A week late (never been that late without being pregnant) and cramps and bloat the whole time. As I am creeping toward 50, I know to expect this sort of menstrual blip but Nothing like being bloated and wearing tights in front of a room full of people you don't know to make you pray for the menopause goddess to speed up the process! DH swears I don't get b*tchy but he has a fear that I'll "pause" in the middle of PMS and be that way for the next 30 years and I'm beginning to think he might be right...

You just gotta love that Canadian sense of humour!

I don't know if this is the case with you tourist and the place where you practice, but the places where I teach I have certain classes that draw certain crowds. For example, for some reason the Friday midday aquayoga class that I teach seems to really draw the middle aged to retired person crowd. Many of the ladies in that class commiserate over "the change." Since all these ladies are good friends, when they are all feeling hormonal, they feel comfortable enough to find their own corner of the pool where they feel completely at ease with just being their grumpy, self-conscious hormonal selves. I find it very cute and comical.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is if you feel the need to be in a class full of people who can totally relate to you while practicing yoga, look into it at the place where you practice--maybe you can ask the studio owner or one of the instructors if there is a class that seems to be filled with ladies like you. Who knows? You might find a whole gaggle of new friends!

Edited by itchytummy 2005-01-25 2:34 AM
easternsun
Posted 2005-01-25 3:29 AM (#15509 - in reply to #14930)
Subject: it takes one to know one

it had to be....i too, am from canada. of course, my sense of humour doesnt translate very well into japanese - so i often find myself laughing hysterically at my own jokes....

hey tourist ...maybe all your new years action paid off......maybe you ARE pregnant
tourist
Posted 2005-01-25 6:43 PM (#15559 - in reply to #15504)

Expert Yogi

itchy - not only am I in class with many ladies in my "state" but I am teaching them. So they get a full view of my (still uncomfortable) self Ah well, this too shall pass...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)