YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Birmingham(US) yoga blues
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

flipcat
Posted 2005-01-17 10:06 PM (#15040)
Subject: Birmingham(US) yoga blues

(ok, use your best blues riff for this one)
Duh da da doh...Moved down to 'Bammy.....Duh da da doh...With a kink in my soul....Duh da da doh...Found out how to fix it...Duh da da doh...But NOWHERE to go!!! I got the bluuuues...Those Anusara yoga blues!!!! I got the bluuues...Those I need a guru now blues!

No seriously folks. Can't seem to find a certified Anusara or Ashtanga instructor anywhere near Birmingham AL. Anyone PLEASE know something I don't? (Er rather, hint, hint...can you say open market? hint hint)

Amy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2005-01-17 10:52 PM (#15042 - in reply to #15040)
Subject: RE: Birmingham(US) yoga blues

Duh da da doh...what cha do'in in Bama? Duh da da doh...was there nowhere else to go?
Duh da da doh...there they think that yoga...is JUST fo hoes...
you gots to geeeeet out of town...there's Noooo yoga around....

Amy, Amy, Amy...here you are so sophisticated that you post with Birmingham (US) KNOWING there's a Birmingham England---run for your life! Seriously though, it does look pretty bleak around there; however, Heartwood looks pretty nice:
http://www.heartwoodyoga.com/index.htm
flipcat
Posted 2005-01-18 7:42 AM (#15054 - in reply to #15040)

Thanks for playing Bruce! Gosh that's fun, isn't it (oops, sorry, yogic biss interfering with blues creativity).

I was pretty excited about Heartwood, but the classes that I can attend with my work schedule are full. I am on 'standby' for class openings.

It is also a little known fact that Birmingham, AL (AKA Hotel Alabama) is actually the black hole of the universe. (Physicists take note: you can come study it, but you will never leave). People come here for reasonable housing and business opportunity on a 'temporary' basis and just seem to get stuck here. (Don't get me wrong, the chains are not physical so much, but somehow it is more difficult to overcome inertia here than most places). Fortunately for me, there are also some other pretty great people stuck here as well.

Personally, I have been on the 5 year plan out of here for the past 12 years...yep right on time! I moved here out of family obligation (parents transferred here as I was approaching the end of my high school career). I tried to escape once, but got sucked back b/c my mother's cancer returned and she is here. I thought I finally got here into the best possible treatment plan and was planning my escape (to Oregon to study acupuncture) and I met what is now my husband. He is stuck here b/c he just graduated from a non-accredited law school so that after passing the bar, you must practice law in AL for a couple of years before you may practice in other states (assuming that he would pass their exam).

Maybe I just need to take some sort of yoga mecca and go away on a looooooooooong teacher training course so I can start bringing more yoga to the HAM

Amy
flipcat
Posted 2005-01-18 7:51 AM (#15055 - in reply to #15040)

Oh and did I mention that I am married to a mixed martial arts / no holds barred fighting lawyer (For the love of mangos, what the heck was I thinking?! )

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED yoga!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)