YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shavasana
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

mkotya
Posted 2005-01-25 4:41 PM (#15548)
Subject: Shavasana

Hi everyone, I am a seasoned practitioner of yoga but I am interested to know what system of steps everyone follows while in Shavasana. I generally use either a "walking the points" technique where I synchronize the breath while "registering" certain points in my body. I also sometimes distribute love from the yogic heart throughout my body and out to all beings in the Universe.
Is there a general rule for how long one should stay in Shavasana? Are there any other techniques you guys recommend using while in Shavasana?
Thanks in advance.

Edited by mkotya 2005-01-25 4:43 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-01-25 5:18 PM (#15550 - in reply to #15548)
Subject: RE: Shavasana

mkyoto: In my opinion, what you are doing is fantastic and also totally sufficient. The only improvement is to be done by the one who actually is doing the Shavasana to see whether they are going deeper withhin.

There is NO time limit for Shavasana. When Shavasana is completed, you will either a) come up on your own without being able to maintiain it. b) or go to deep sleep. If one feels sleepy during Shavasana, they should not force to keep awake. But, sleeping is not Shavasana.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
tourist
Posted 2005-01-25 6:31 PM (#15557 - in reply to #15548)
Subject: RE: Shavasana

Expert Yogi

I realise you are talking about internal techniques but some external things can be helpful, too. The good old eyebag is nice, as is a lightly wrapped tensor bandage (esp. for a headache), blankets under the chest and head create savasana II, weights such as blankets or bolsters on the thighs can be very grounding and help create a deeper pose.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)