YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kundalini rising?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

mkotya
Posted 2005-01-28 11:12 PM (#15741)
Subject: Kundalini rising?

Recently I have been experiencing strange sensations, sometimes right after doing Ashtanga yoga. The back of my head feels heavy-cool and I also get this cooling sensation on the crown of my head. This happens on and off really. It stays for days and then disappears. I believe, however, there is a dependency on how much I practice yoga. The more I do it, the stronger the feeling. I have experienced something similar many years ago, when I was invited to practice Sahaja yoga in a group of skilled yogis. They claimed to have raised my Kundalini and the cooling feeling on the crown of my head was similar, but much more subtle. However, at that time I was quite skeptical about it and wondered if this was simply a power of suggestion. Now that I have once more encountered something similar, I still wonder if it is just a physical sensation and nothing more. Did any of you experience something like that and is it truly Kundalini rising? What does it mean? Can it have negative side effects? Do I need to change anything in my daily routine? Your suggestions, thoughts and opinions on this are appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-01-29 10:46 PM (#15774 - in reply to #15741)
Subject: RE: Kundalini rising?

mkyoto:
The things which your are experiencing are very good provided;

a) you take sufficient rest, meaning you do not keep yourself hyper, and become a peaceful and at the same time active person.

b) you do not make a big deal out of it such as telling others that their kundalinni is raised by you and such nonsense.

c) and you feel happy and healthy for a prolonged period.

If all the above happen for a prlonged time, then there is NO problem, and you should not try to see the problem which does not exist.

Good Luck
neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
mkotya
Posted 2005-01-30 7:57 PM (#15798 - in reply to #15774)
Subject: RE: Kundalini rising?

Dear Neel,
Thank you very much for the guidance. These type of sensations have been happening for about a month now. I am usually quite humble and reserved when it comes to deep spiritual experiences, so I will not be telling anyone that I can raise their Kundalini, especially since I don't really know anything about it myself . On top of that, I am a big optimist, an energetic and happy person, so from what you are describing it sounds like a good thing is happening to me. Once again, thank you for sharing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)