YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

bomberpig
Posted 2005-01-29 6:18 AM (#15747)
Subject: avatar

Ok a non yoga question. How do you guys get those pretty pictures under your names ? I tried to transfer a picture file of Bomber the pig to 'profile picture ' in the control panel and it didn't work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
redtail
Posted 2005-01-29 8:40 AM (#15749 - in reply to #15747)
Subject: RE: avatar

That should do it. It is the "upload profile image" box that you should see the image in after you have uploaded it. That worked for me!! Good Luck......
afroyogi
Posted 2005-01-29 4:46 PM (#15761 - in reply to #15747)

Janet, how didn't it work? Did you get some message from the system telling you the reason? Most forum softwares don't allow big file sizes for avatars so I expect that's the reason why it doesn't work. In this very forum there's no information about what size or type of file you have to use. Try jpeg, that worked for me. Load your image into a graphic software, cut it at the corners or reduce it to b/w to make it smaller. For that you can use paint which comes with windows. Also helpful is a shareware called "graphic converter" that you can download for example from tucows. It's a very clever and useful little program, highly underrated. Just load your image in that program and safe it as jpeg file. Most of the times the file size will be much smaller after that.
That's where my expertise ends, sorry
bomberpig
Posted 2005-02-02 5:46 AM (#15899 - in reply to #15747)

Thanks Stefan, I shrunk the file and finally got it to work ! Only took me the last hour and half...could have done most of the primary series in that time...
afroyogi
Posted 2005-02-02 3:49 PM (#15931 - in reply to #15747)

Yep, isn't it funny how much time one can waste with supposedly small tasks? One thing I've learned already many years ago: On the computer there's no quickquick! Try to write a short notice and print it out? a matter of 2 minutes - NOPE! Printer driver disappeared misteriously. Just check your inbox for new mails, a matter of less than a minute? - NO WAY! Connection failed! Try again.
tourist
Posted 2005-02-02 6:37 PM (#15959 - in reply to #15931)

Expert Yogi

I read somewhere that if our other household tools (microwaves, toasters etc.) worked as "well" as our computer do, we wouldn't ever buy them! OTOH, broken computers pay my mortgage so I try not to complain - unless it is mine!
FamousLadyJane
Posted 2005-03-21 12:53 AM (#19697 - in reply to #15747)

Ok, Im bumping this way up.

Im having this problem too, and I tried the suggestions already. I even made the image so itty bitty I couldn't see it.

When I attempt to upload profile image, I click 'go' and a page comes up that says

"The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information ServicesTechnical Information (for support personnel)
Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80040E21)
Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.
/forums/profile/controlpanel.asp, line 167"

So, I dunno what to do. I WANT ME AVATAR!

Im jealous of everyone else

I already PMed addmin a week ago, but no one came to my rescue
Thushara
Posted 2005-03-21 3:42 AM (#19698 - in reply to #19697)

In SQL DB, this error is caused when you try to insert too much data into a specified field or when you call the. Open () method on an ADO Connection object.

For more details : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269495/EN-US/

Try closing the application and upload again or uploading a smaller file I haven’t experienced an error there. They have a validation for larger files too.

BTW who has the Best Avatar.. Its me right

My yoga teddy is soooo Cute and I have PMs in my mail box saying lot of people love my Yoga teddy .. WOOWW I must copyright him just now

Edited by Thushara 2005-03-21 3:45 AM
FamousLadyJane
Posted 2005-03-21 10:58 AM (#19723 - in reply to #15747)

Thanks so much for the help! All I had to do was close the window of my avatar! Oy! It was so simple!

Your avatar is really cute. But Im a little bit biast about mine
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)