YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga pracitce in India
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Anusara YogaMessage format

Kurt
Posted 2005-02-01 10:40 AM (#15859)
Subject: Yoga pracitce in India

My wife and I are in search of an apprenticeship program in India. She is a teacher interested in furthering her practice, and I, in attending a teacher course. Does anyone know about places like this in India?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-02-01 11:14 AM (#15862 - in reply to #15859)
Subject: RE: Yoga pracitce in India

For Anusara? As far as I know, you'll only find Anusara teacher training in the US. I could be wrong, there might be foriegn workshops...
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-02-01 11:39 AM (#15865 - in reply to #15859)

Kurt:
I do not know why you posted this question in Anusara Yoga heading? Are you looking to become Anusara Yoga teacher?

In India, and Most Correctly, except the recent Stupid Influence, Yoga is called as Yoga, and is supposed to be a Classical yoga Practice. Names such as Iyengar Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Power Yoga, Anusara Yoga do have mainly Styles of Instructions, and therefore are not important if you go to India. When you go to India, you should spend may be at least one month just to find a good teacher by visiting, attending, and talking with students, I mean watching students not just talking. Then, you should think about next step.

The Slavary in the modern world, whether intellectual or labor, based on Money has caused problems in the Classical Yoga Instruction.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Thushara
Posted 2005-02-01 10:29 PM (#15889 - in reply to #15865)

YES YES YES Kulkarnn! I HAD IT !!! Ive faced many problems by finding yoga teachers based on yoga types listed in this forum., Its basicaly YOGA here.

I thought I must move from one to another., Hatha-- > Iyenger -- > power like that.. But its not refered like that here. Its YOGA

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)