YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Costa Rica Yoga Retreat!!!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

YogaGuy
Posted 2005-02-09 1:41 PM (#16431)
Subject: Costa Rica Yoga Retreat!!!

Has anybody ever gone on a Costa Rican (or any) yoga retreat? Any thoughts or stories they would like to share????

I have an opportunity to go on one and, if I'm lucky, I may even be able to co-lead/co-teach the retreat (one teacher is on the fence right now). So I wanted to get some advice and opinions from those of you out there that have gone on or lead retreats (doesn't necessarily have to be Costa Rica).

What you liked. What you didn't like. Things you would do differently if you were to do it again.

I invite you to please check out the website. www.azuryoga.com
Let me know what you think and if you are interested in going, please contact me.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-02-10 10:48 AM (#16524 - in reply to #16431)
Subject: RE: Costa Rica Yoga Retreat!!!

Expert Yogi

Send us photos! And sent more photos of the teacher on the fence. Sounds entertaining - could be the next yoga fad!
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-02-10 3:46 PM (#16543 - in reply to #16431)

Well right now I'm scheduled to go on this retreat. My name has been added to the flyers and soon will be up on the website.

I, of course, am extending an invitation to all you internet yogis to come and join us!

http://www.azuryoga.com

There are pics on the website!
mkotya
Posted 2005-02-10 9:38 PM (#16557 - in reply to #16431)

Well, I haven't been to a yoga retreat in Costa Rica, but I did go there. It is a very beautiful country and people are so nice, you would think they are trying to take advantage of you. I am not sure which area of Costa Rica you are planning to go to, but whatever you do, see if you can plan your travels a bit ahead. Find out about local transportation and places to visit before you go. I would strongly recommend visiting Vulcano Arenal and Corcovado National Forest. An unforgettable experience!
Also, everything is *very* cheap in Costa Rica, unless you are going to some remote resort with difficult transportation options. Even then, the prices are reasonable. Hope you can spot at least 2 or 3 different species of monkeys, see a pair of Macaus, tucans, sloths and other not less impressive animals. Have fun!

Edited by mkotya 2005-02-10 9:42 PM
easternsun
Posted 2005-02-24 5:39 AM (#17532 - in reply to #16431)
Subject: i want to go!!!

congrats!!

what a fabulous opportunity! i had a peep at the website - this looks posh! it sounds like an amazing package. i look forward to hearing all about your adventures. i hope to be in costa rica vicariously through you

Thushara
Posted 2005-02-24 8:03 AM (#17536 - in reply to #16431)

Nice Location too... Yoga guy , I think you are so lucky to go there...

Any way can anybody tell me what Yoga retreat is???

When I learn things from here , I go and tell my yoga master.. Some times he is wondering what these stuff are He is a very plain (but great ) yogi who came from India.. He is not so familiar with these stuff .. But I like them

So you guys can help me.. What do you do in a Yoga retreat program? How is it different to a normal yoga workshop?
LoraB
Posted 2005-02-24 9:42 AM (#17541 - in reply to #16431)

Just checked out the website - man, I'd be there in a heartbeat if I didn't have class! You'll have a great time!!! Enjoy!

Thushary, a yoga retreat is similar to a workshop in some ways, but involves heading to some kind of resort, usually in a ridiculously gorgeous natural landscape where you can take classes, soak up local color, and really escape from daily life to focus even more on the yoga. doesn't that sound great?
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-02-24 10:39 AM (#17554 - in reply to #16431)

Yeah, yoga retreats can range from the very bare bones silent retreats where no one talks and everyone eats vegan meals and abandons their modern comforts to the more luxurious where you bring your tiniest bathing suit and stretch out in opulent suroundings that make everyone jealous as you call them while you're sunbathing.

What makes it a yoga retreat I guess is that there is a lot of yoga. You are tucked away in a little paradise with one, two or three teachers maybe more. You take classes and don't feel rushed to run out and go somewhere else afterwards. Furthermore, you can ask lots of questions and get some attention and work on all those things that you don't spend enough time in class on.

I have yet to do a retreat, but everyone I know that goes, comes back all refreshed. They get deeper into their practice just because they have time and attention to focus on it. I'm excited for the opportunity. I am so glad you guys will be there with me in spirit. I would like it more if you were there in person.

Keith
Cyndi
Posted 2005-02-24 12:51 PM (#17569 - in reply to #17554)

Expert Yogi

Hey Keith,

What area of Costa Rica are you going to??  The reason I ask is that I planned a trip several years ago, then my Mother got sick and passed away suddenly.  This event cancelled my plans...but I have always wanted to re-visit this opportunity again as I really want to go.  I had planned on staying at a hotel called La Mariposa, in Manuel Antonio.  It is suppose to be the most beautiful area backed up to the Manuel Antonio Park on the Pacific side.  I really want to complete this trip and would love to hear your experience and if there are Yoga Retreats near this area.  I think a Yoga experience in beautiful Costa Rica is totally awesome!!  Have a great time:~)

LoraB
Posted 2005-02-24 12:59 PM (#17570 - in reply to #16431)

"I am so glad you guys will be there with me in spirit. I would like it more if you were there in person."

We do too,Keith!
Thushara
Posted 2005-02-24 11:23 PM (#17633 - in reply to #17554)

Yoga guy, Lora., Thanks I have an idea now WOW I can imagine it must be so nice.. Like living in a luxary spa??

Yoga guy!, Have a really really great time., I hope you will share your experience and some pics too (Most important) once you come back..

Do they allow you to take your ipod there with you??? .. or its just you have to get out of everythign while stayinf there.. I mena mobile phones and all these stufff??

Any way have a great time..... ....

Cyndi
Posted 2005-02-25 9:35 AM (#17666 - in reply to #17633)

Expert Yogi

When you are in a place like Costa Rica you do not want or even have a need for an Ipod, cell phone  - UGH!!! like get away from those things.  Some places do not have phones in the rooms.  La Mariposa is a 5 star hotel for Costa Rica.  It is where Liz Taylor and other movie stars like to hang out - they probably have phones in the rooms but you don't have time for any of that stuff and you don't even care what is happening in the other world.  At the Yoga retreats you are too busy with nature and doing Yoga!
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-03-16 9:56 PM (#19269 - in reply to #16431)

I leave for Montezuma on Sunday! I'm so excited. I might not need my ipod when I'm there, but I think I'll need it for the flight! I don't care about my phone except that I will miss my girlfriend tremendously and phone/email would be nice before going to bed.

I'll tell you all about it when I get back.

easternsun
Posted 2005-03-17 3:17 AM (#19294 - in reply to #19269)

YogaGuy - 2005-03-18 11:56 AM

I leave for Montezuma on Sunday! I'm so excited. I might not need my ipod when I'm there, but I think I'll need it for the flight! I don't care about my phone except that I will miss my girlfriend tremendously and phone/email would be nice before going to bed.

I'll tell you all about it when I get back.

have a wonderful trip keith! i cant wait to hear all about it.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-03-17 9:50 AM (#19320 - in reply to #19269)

Expert Yogi

Yogaguy, have a great trip!! Please keep a journal and let us know how it turns out. I really want to go to Costa Rica and a Yoga retreat down there would be so cool. Thanks.
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-03-18 6:34 PM (#19496 - in reply to #16431)

Cyndi
I'm taking my comedy show to Costa Rica! I'll tell you all about it when I return. Have a great week!

YogaGuy
Posted 2005-03-28 12:08 PM (#20299 - in reply to #19496)

I'm back!!!!

Wow! I have never been so sad to return home to New York City. I had the most amazing trip. If you ever have the opportunity to go on a trip to Costa Rica to do yoga or just play with monkeys, then you should do it! It is a truly beautiful and spectacular place.

My days were sort of like this: wake up, do yoga, go to breakfast, go to town and shop, go to teh beach, come back take a quick nap, do more yoga, dinner, go to town have some beers, go for a midnight swim.

We also went snorkeling, and hiking to the waterfalls, and on canopy tours, and horseback riding. Whew! What an adventure!
LoraB
Posted 2005-03-28 1:57 PM (#20306 - in reply to #16431)

Does working with a bunch of monkeys count?

Sounds great - glad to hear you had such a great time!!
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-03-28 2:15 PM (#20311 - in reply to #20306)

LoraB - 2005-03-28 1:57 PM

Does working with a bunch of monkeys count?

Lora
I didn't know you worked for the government!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)