YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neti pot ?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

caseylane
Posted 2005-03-22 2:12 PM (#19800 - in reply to #16434)
Subject: RE: Neti pot ?

It's a pot used to flush a saline solution through the nostrils. You can buy them at Jalaneti.com and here's an instructional video. (I haven't watched it. Someone just posted it at a Yoga Live Journal to someone else's question).

http://www.bytheplanet.com/Products/Yoga/Neti/RhinoHorn/Video/Yogaskolen_T1.wmv
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Empress Echo
Posted 2005-03-22 2:20 PM (#19803 - in reply to #16434)

Thank you!
MariaFloresta
Posted 2005-03-22 3:57 PM (#19811 - in reply to #16434)

Casey, I'm sure everyone is different, but for me it has improved things beyond belief. It did take a couple of weeks before I started noticing, I will say, and in the stuff I have read they do talk about it taking a bit of time before chronic conditions change. I do it in the morning followed by about 10 minutes of sun salutations and a few other asanas and have started doing it at night sometimes if I've been in NYC all day. Before I would often wake up a bit congested and would have sinus pressure of some kind once a week or so at least, particularly if I was really busy and stressed. It's been over 3 weeks now and the one day I felt something toward the evening I did it when I came home and it went away. In general, I just notice feeling energized right away in the morning and my eyes no longer itch or are puffy when I wake up. I haven't noticed being more thirsty but I drink a lot of water anyway. I know I sound like a salesman but it really has been amazing. As far as what Neel said, I believe his point was not to do it only when one is sick, but to make it a regular habit like brushing one's teeth. Though he can clarify on that.
Maria
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)