YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Pinching"
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Men's HealthMessage format

ashpoo
Posted 2005-02-09 3:03 PM (#16450)
Subject: "Pinching"

Hello I have a question or more like a "what to do." I take theatre program at my local college and I've done yoga for about 7 years (started when I was young...er) So usually we do a warm up in class before rehearsing and they gave me the job of leading the warm-up since I've done yoga for a long time. But some of the guys in the class mention about "pinching". Which is weird because my yoga teacher was a male and he didn't seem to have problem.... Oh did I mention I'm not a man ^^. I'll give you an example. I do the "warrior I" pose in class then when we are done both sides we go back to mountain pose and they say that that's where it pinches. I'm guessing they put there feet too close together, but yeah, I just need a wee bit on that subject... Sorry no pun intended there ^^. Thanks it would be helpful.

Edited by ashpoo 2005-02-09 3:05 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
innerathlete
Posted 2005-04-12 3:56 AM (#21680 - in reply to #16450)
Subject: RE: "Pinching"

Well it's rehearsal for theater class right? So no one is wearing yoga appropriate clothing. That might be a big piece of the issue. I mean would you take a dressed wedding party through a reformer pilates routine and not expect some complaining about pinchings of all sorts?

As you well know from your own yoga classes, yoga is more than some stretchy poses done as a performance - though I supppose there are some brands of yoga that might have this aroma.

Perhaps you can go from Warrior one, a closed pelvis pose, to warrior two and perhaps clear the cobwebs out in the process. I'm not sure you've got a real problem. Start in Tadasna and from Warrior I bring the torso forward, dropping the hands to the floor on either side of the front foot. Step back from there to a high pushup and tell your folks to keep the legs hips width apart. From there you can drop to the floor or press back to Down Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana). If mountain pose is pinching, stop doing it or have them get over it.

ashpoo - 2005-02-09 12:03 PM

Hello I have a question or more like a "what to do." I take theatre program at my local college and I've done yoga for about 7 years (started when I was young...er) So usually we do a warm up in class before rehearsing and they gave me the job of leading the warm-up since I've done yoga for a long time. But some of the guys in the class mention about "pinching". Which is weird because my yoga teacher was a male and he didn't seem to have problem.... Oh did I mention I'm not a man ^^. I'll give you an example. I do the "warrior I" pose in class then when we are done both sides we go back to mountain pose and they say that that's where it pinches. I'm guessing they put there feet too close together, but yeah, I just need a wee bit on that subject... Sorry no pun intended there ^^. Thanks it would be helpful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)