YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Pinching"
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

ashpoo
Posted 2005-02-12 9:25 AM (#16688)
Subject: "Pinching"

Hello I have a question or more like a "what to do." I take theatre program at my local college and I've done yoga for about 7 years (started when I was young...er) So usually we do a warm up in class before rehearsing and they gave me the job of leading the warm-up since I've done yoga for a long time. But some of the guys in the class mention about "pinching". Which is weird because my yoga teacher was a male and he didn't seem to have problem.... Oh did I mention I'm not a man ^^. I'll give you an example. I do the "warrior I" pose in class then when we are done both sides we go back to mountain pose and they say that that's where it pinches. I'm guessing they put there feet too close together, but yeah, I just need a wee bit on that subject... Sorry no pun intended there ^^. Thanks it would be helpful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
YogaDancer
Posted 2005-02-13 10:22 AM (#16744 - in reply to #16688)
Subject: RE: "Pinching"

Can you teach them to take their inner thighs back and apart?
Other words for this:
Inner Spiral
Inner Rotation
Stick your butt out, moon someone behind you, then tuck your tail/pull in your tummy/uddiyana bandha.

They need to make room in their pelvic floor so "things" don't pinch.

Guys? Any tricks you'd care to share with us? After all, we share with you.

(Sounds like "I'll show you mine if you show me yours...")

Christine
tourist
Posted 2005-02-13 10:50 AM (#16748 - in reply to #16744)

Expert Yogi

Yeah guys, you need to share here because we don't have answers for this. Imagine that - a bunch of women without definitive answers for any problem a man might have! I had a class doing down dog in the ropes the other day and the two guys were comparing notes and calculating the potential anatomical hazards. They seem to be unscathed so far.
afroyogi
Posted 2005-02-13 12:31 PM (#16761 - in reply to #16688)

Well, you wished for a real man ... [schwing] ... here he comes!

Honest, girls, all it takes is a short grab into the family jewels to pull the stuff outta the way. That small adjustment doesn't even take a second and can be done in stealth. Nobody has to notice and there's no public indecency involved.
I know that we human males are poorly engineered in these parts, my wife tells me all the time, not very practical and a failure in evolution But that's no reason to make a big deal of it.
ashpoo
Posted 2005-02-13 3:07 PM (#16768 - in reply to #16688)

You know I tried other forums about this and no one gave me an answer.
So Thanks everyone, these guys are frailly new at yoga so I'll try to tell them to do that. Although a lot of these guys thinks "no pain, no gain" so even if they couldn't do a pose without hurting the jewels they still would go with it...but you would hear them moaning which isn't very relaxing to hear ^^. I just tried to do poses that didn't involved that area. But I'll tell them to do that.
Thank You!
YogaDancer
Posted 2005-02-13 7:01 PM (#16781 - in reply to #16768)

>>all it takes is a short grab into the family jewels to pull the stuff outta the way<<

Just as long as they remember to let go...

>>that's no reason to make a big deal of it.<<

It? There are far too many men who need people to make a big deal of IT. It's nice to hear someone secure in their ... IT.

All jokes aside, and I do amuse myself, Ashpoo, here's something to share:
Poses lie Garudasana are said to provide a tourniquet effect on the lower groin area. Naturally, the "jewels" are not squeezed between the leg, but the arterial constriction, then the release afterwards is said to provide a rush of fresh, clean lymphatic fluid and blood to the area. Similar to what Triang Mukha Eka Pada Paschomottanasana does for the knees. This is said to be a good thing for testicular health and something to do if anyone is even flirting with prostate issues. So they need to Eagle Pose and eat tomatos.

C.
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-02-13 9:39 PM (#16792 - in reply to #16781)

Expert Yogi

On Eagle, well, I never really had a problem with that one -- everything moves to the
back, behind the thighs and out of harm's way.

The poses that are a consistent danger are backbends done whilst lying on the belly.
Anything that gets between the pubic bone and the floor is crushed, and since some of
these poses will cause the weight to shift between the thighs and the stomach, the risks
are real. Usually, you can adjust when no one's looking or slide forward a bit on the
floor to set everything downward, as for Locust, but sometimes...Ouch!

The one that gets me from time to time is Rajakapotasana going to Padangusta
Dhanurasana. You roll from weight on the thighs to weight on the gut while your
hands are off the floor --- no way to protect yourself without dumping the pose.

Q: Why do women always say that men need to make a big deal of "IT"?
Sometimes I think that I must be deaf or living on another planet....

Thushara
Posted 2005-02-13 11:09 PM (#16799 - in reply to #16792)

Bay Guy - 2005-02-14 8:39 AM

Q: Why do women always say that men need to make a big deal of "IT"?

I like that "Living on another planet " part
YogaDancer
Posted 2005-02-13 11:21 PM (#16800 - in reply to #16792)

Why do women always say that men need to make a big deal of "IT"?

You might be.
Why do we say it?
Because so many men do make a big deal of IT. There seems to be this prevailing attitude that since bigger is better, IT had better be seen as bigger, therefore better. I think for so many men, the ones who need to make a big deal of IT, might have ego issues....

Yes, I can be the Mistress of Understatement.
Thushara
Posted 2005-02-13 11:40 PM (#16801 - in reply to #16800)

Very true its that , they think IT is the best tool to show that men are smarter than women., Its sort of an insecure feeling.. You know indian mothers always advice their daughters , not to speak too intelligent... Hehe.. If they do, they will never find a guy to get married (learnt from Bride and Prejudice movie) its coz most of the men have ego problem .

Edited by Thushara 2005-02-13 11:46 PM
ashpoo
Posted 2005-02-13 11:53 PM (#16802 - in reply to #16688)

How did this become a pee pee thread? ^^ See I don't have any problems with "it" men do, that's why I ask the question. ^^
Although one guy gave me the idea of putting a ziplock bag full of water in my inner thigh just so I know what would happen if I did certian poses...Haven't tried it yet, but I'll get around to it ^^.
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-02-14 9:14 AM (#16856 - in reply to #16801)

Expert Yogi

Thushara - 2005-02-13 11:40 PM

Very true its that , they think IT is the best tool to show that men are smarter than women., Its sort of an insecure feeling.. You know indian mothers always advice their daughters , not to speak too intelligent... Hehe.. If they do, they will never find a guy to get married (learnt from Bride and Prejudice movie) its coz most of the men have ego problem .

I can see that this is a battle that I will not win. I do have to say that men
make ALL of their worst decisions when IT figures into the thought process. Thus,
Brahmacharya!! And is it any surprise that world literature is filled with stories of
men brought down by women: Think of poor old Samson, or Ravena who should
never have run off with Sita. And so on.

Men should ignore women! Happy Valetine's Day! ! !

Thushara
Posted 2005-02-15 3:36 AM (#16932 - in reply to #16856)

BG, there you are .... I like your quote

Ravena who should never have run off with Sita... By knowing Hanuma is the biggest spy .. But Sita knew that it seems

yogi-boy
Posted 2005-02-15 4:40 AM (#16933 - in reply to #16688)

I'd recommend they lift themselves from their undies up- sorta keeps everything outta harms way. I ony have a hassle with bow-pose, especially when rocking this way otherwise everything is just fine.
miss dee
Posted 2005-02-15 3:36 PM (#16969 - in reply to #16802)

ashpoo - 2005-02-15 10:53 PM

How did this become a pee pee thread? ^^ See I don't have any problems with "it" men do, that's why I ask the question. ^^
Although one guy gave me the idea of putting a ziplock bag full of water in my inner thigh just so I know what would happen if I did certian poses...Haven't tried it yet, but I'll get around to it ^^.

"is that a zip-loc bag of water on your inner thigh, or are you just happy to see me?"

gimme a break!
dee
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)