YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bad Habits Bad Student
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Balen
Posted 2005-02-14 1:24 PM (#16878)
Subject: Bad Habits Bad Student

Can not recall how I ever got into Yoga. However I did I suspect it was the instructor (great person). So I do the Yoga in class I enjoy it, in fact I enjoy it a lot. That is where yoga stops it is just in class. Outside of class I tend to be the lazy computer jock.

Well I saw my instructor outside of class with a bunch of students. GAH it was like I had a double life. There they saw me in my normal mode, after work. Cigarette, Jack and coke in my sloth decedent lifestyle

Hey Bruce BACK Jack and Coke allot better than a Margarita after class.....

Edited by Balen 2005-02-14 1:29 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
afroyogi
Posted 2005-02-14 4:39 PM (#16887 - in reply to #16878)
Subject: RE: Bad Habits Bad Student

Hey Balen, don't beat yourself up! Not everybody is able or willing to adopt the yoga life completely. Saturday, for example, we had a nice braai (South African form of bbq, we use wood instead of charcoal/briquettes and we use real 1st class meat not those sissy burgers) and I got seriously drunk. Didn't take much, after nearly 1 year of no alcohol I only needed 10 beers to get completely pissed.
So you can see you're not alone with your sins. If it's true that some yoga is better than no yoga at all, the same must be valid for the yogic lifestyle.
bomberpig
Posted 2005-02-15 6:46 AM (#16935 - in reply to #16887)

Balen thanks for bringing this topic up. I often think to myself how come I am still yelling at people at work all the time when I am supposed to be so 'yogic'. And I have missed many mornings of practice the last few weeks because of too many drunken nights ( Chinese New Year is a bad time ). Also it doesn't help that none of my friends do yoga. I went out to drinks with some girlfriends one afternoon and explained to them I can't drink champagne becuase I am about to go to my yoga class, and one of my friends said 'what does it matter you are just going to lie there and relax anyway'. I love my friend to bits but sometimes it's just
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-02-15 2:17 PM (#16961 - in reply to #16878)

What yoga means to me, is that it's all about acceptance, non-judgement, and compassion. That means cutting people a lot of slack! We're all human, and we all do the best we can. Sometimes the world just gets to be too much and you just need a beer and a cheeseburger. And sometimes beer and cheeseburgers just sounds like too much fun!

We can't all meditate ALL the time and live on brown rice. If your yoga teacher subscribes to any true yogic beliefs, he/she will never be judgemental of you.

Keep on doing the best you can and keep smiling!

What would my yoga teachers think of all the Vicodin I am consuming this week??
Balen
Posted 2005-02-15 2:59 PM (#16966 - in reply to #16878)

I agree and thank you for the coments I guess it is just me I picture and treat all of my Yoga instructors like Nuns I guess.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)