YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

one for the Bikram teachers
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Ram
Posted 2009-06-05 4:16 PM (#116358 - in reply to #18397)
Subject: RE: one for the Bikram teachers

I laugh when I read about "yoga people" criticizing those who are frank and honest with their opinions. I wouldnt participate in this board if it was an infocommercial for Bikram. Many "spiritual" people believe in being syrupy all the time. Little do they undersand that most realized beings were fiery people who were capable of all kinds of "bizarre" behavour. When your no longer a conditioned person and dont care to conform to societal norms what you say and do reflect very little on being "nice" and "syrupy". But please dont try that at home until you live in the light of consciousness.

As far as arthritis being a lazy persons disease I too read that. Bikram may have meant it's very important IF you have arthritis to move so your joints dont become calcified. I have an auto immune arthritis that has crippled my brother. Neither of us are lazy. I grew up playing sports all day and night. I have always been in great shape. Now I am pretty well relegated to doing yoga to stay healthy which I consider a blessing with all the benefits yoga has to offer.

Please keep posting what your perspective is in a honest fashion. Most of us welcome the debate.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2009-06-05 6:50 PM (#116363 - in reply to #116358)

Expert Yogi

Ram - 2009-06-05 1:16 PM

Little do they undersand that most realized beings were fiery people who were capable of all kinds of "bizarre" behavour.

And some people, without being "realized beings" are just bizarre anyway. Being bizarre is not an indicator of spirituality any more than the syrupy stuff is.
Ram
Posted 2009-06-05 9:32 PM (#116365 - in reply to #116363)

tourist - 2009-06-05 6:50 PM

Ram - 2009-06-05 1:16 PM

Little do they undersand that most realized beings were fiery people who were capable of all kinds of "bizarre" behavour.

And some people, without being "realized beings" are just bizarre anyway. Being bizarre is not an indicator of spirituality any more than the syrupy stuff is.

LOL...I didnt say it was. Notice the "bizarre" was in quotations. Merely pointing out our perceptions. People believe being "spiritual" is being "nice" and "syrupy". those are spiritual characters. Not spiritual beings. Spiritual beings live outside the boundries of societal norms and dont feel any pressure to live up to anyone's expectations of themselves. They might be nice or they might be bizarre. Their ways are mysterious to us normal peons.
tourist
Posted 2009-06-06 9:59 AM (#116370 - in reply to #116365)

Expert Yogi

No problem. But there are also those that feel if someone is unconventional, demands students do things that would typically go against their morals etc. and does things like take all their money s/he must be a realized being. A good chunk of people have fallen for that routine through the ages as well.
Ram
Posted 2009-06-06 12:49 PM (#116373 - in reply to #116370)

tourist - 2009-06-06 9:59 AM

No problem. But there are also those that feel if someone is unconventional, demands students do things that would typically go against their morals etc. and does things like take all their money s/he must be a realized being. A good chunk of people have fallen for that routine through the ages as well.

That's an exceptional point. Many false Guru's and very few authentic ones. ONe thing that has stood out for me in studying Sadguru's is they actually dont ask for followers. They just attract people who want what they have and are willing to study under them under whatever conditions that particular guru uses. It's fasinating stuff for me.

Edited by Ram 2009-06-06 12:51 PM
BD Cooper
Posted 2009-07-14 1:56 PM (#117011 - in reply to #18397)

Holy crap people it is only Yoga!
-Frank Barone
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)