YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sivananda TTC in Bahamas
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

angelicyogi
Posted 2005-03-08 12:56 PM (#18495)
Subject: Sivananda TTC in Bahamas

Namaste, everyone.

I plan to begin a journey of being certified as an Ayurvedic Practitioner this summer. I am currently a massage therapist and have desired to do a TTC for some time now. In speaking to a teacher in an attempt to find the right place for me...she suggested the Sivananda Ashram in the Bahamas. I am interested in attending the April 2005 course and was hoping to hear some feedback from anyone who has gone thru it, as well as thoughts as to whether I am heading in the right direction.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-03-08 1:25 PM (#18500 - in reply to #18495)
Subject: RE: Sivananda TTC in Bahamas

It's 24 degrees in Michigan right now, so doing ANYTHING in the Bahamas sounds like a great idea!

Have you researched other schools? Do you know what you want to do as a teacher, i.e. why do you want to teach, what is it about yoga that you want to share? I took a LONG time to decide where to do my training, literally years. I researched a lot of programs, and found my heart kept yearning for one in particular (Integrative Yoga Therapy) that I thought I could not afford. Long story short, it was where I belonged and I eventually found a way to afford it, and I have never regretted one moment.

If this is the one that feels right to you, if their philosophy rings true in your heart and they can help you become the kind of teacher you want to be, then it is the right one! Sivananda is a wonderful program, but it has to be right for YOU.

Good luck! I'm so excited for you as you embark on this journey!
LoraB
Posted 2005-03-09 11:12 AM (#18577 - in reply to #18495)
Subject: RE: Sivananda TTC in Bahamas

Jean's made a bunch of good points. The best teacher training in the world won't mean as much if it's not where you belong.

That being said, my teacher did the Sivananda training in Quebec about a year ago and loved it. I would think that the program would be very similar and that if you're really interested in it you will benefit greatly. As a side note, my teacher is also a massage therapist with Ayurvedic background as well - that might be the winning combination! Good luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)