YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thai massage benefits
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> Oriental MassageMessage format

BuddhaBrilliant
Posted 2005-03-10 2:28 PM (#18679)
Subject: Thai massage benefits

I recently had a Thai massage by a Wat Po trained masseuse, and it was fantastic. Does anyone know if such a massage brings benefits and if so, what? Also, because of the vigorous nature of this type of massage I was wondering if there are any risks too?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
NRGMover
Posted 2005-03-25 7:23 PM (#20051 - in reply to #18679)
Subject: RE: Thai massage benefits

There are many benefits you can get from a thai massage. It can be a great boost from depression, or can stop someone with frequent migraines ever having one again. It can make you feel really good for 4-5 days afterwards but there are many factors involved. 2 different people wont give the same massage, so if you found someone really good its worth remembering their name and where you can find them.

There are also risks that go with thai massage. If you get someone who doesnt know what they are doing, then they have the potential to do a lot of harm. Maybe more than other forms of body work as some of the stretching can be very strong.

I dont want to scare you by this, but it is important to take responsibility for what happens to your body. If something doesnt feel right you have to say so. Also you are the only person that can do any work on you is you. Even the best practitioners cannot do anything effective if you are not open to the work. We help you facilitate changes to take place.
massagelondon
Posted 2005-05-26 5:21 PM (#24698 - in reply to #18679)
Subject: Thai massage benefits London

get it more if it feels good for you - however don't go into an illusion that 'the stronger - the better'.

As with all bodywork - thai massage has it's limits.

Edited by massagelondon 2005-05-26 5:21 PM
citytreats
Posted 2011-12-31 7:30 AM (#209729 - in reply to #18679)
Subject: Re: Thai massage benefits

As per my knowledge, the best benefit of getting massage is that it helps to get relaxed and to overcome different body pains.
olgawaine
Posted 2012-03-21 11:01 PM (#210215 - in reply to #18679)
Subject: Re: Thai massage benefits

New User

Thai massage is good for muscle relaxation, increase flexibility in your muscles, increase mobility also it helps detoxification of the body and boost immune system. It is also my way of reducing and relieve stress and anxiety.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)