YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to the site.
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

FamousLadyJane
Posted 2005-03-14 11:59 PM (#19108)
Subject: New to the site.

Hi all! Just wanted to give a hello! I was researching some yoga stuff, and stumbled on this site. I quite like it here! Easy to navigate, and awesome to see fellow yoga-beings . Im the type to lay low for awhile and lurk, but hopefully soon I can jump in! Have a good day, nice to meet you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-03-15 12:15 AM (#19112 - in reply to #19108)
Subject: RE: New to the site.

Expert Yogi

Yeah, nice try Lady Jane - now that you are here you have to tell us all about yourself and participate! Welcome - I am sure you have already discoverd we are pretty friendly and also can get into some heated discussions, especially where heat is concerned... Tell us about your yoga classes, practice, whatever. What is your favourite type of mat, for exmple? Any favourite yoga books? Notice I say favoUrite? Fellow Canuck here:-)
FamousLadyJane
Posted 2005-03-15 2:11 AM (#19115 - in reply to #19112)

tourist - 2005-03-14 10:15 PM

Yeah, nice try Lady Jane - now that you are here you have to tell us all about yourself and participate! Welcome - I am sure you have already discoverd we are pretty friendly and also can get into some heated discussions, especially where heat is concerned... Tell us about your yoga classes, practice, whatever. What is your favourite type of mat, for exmple? Any favourite yoga books? Notice I say favoUrite? Fellow Canuck here:-)

Haha, nice to meet you canukian! Thanks for the welcome. My yoga classes are..... something that has changed me for the greater good, improving me in every way I can imagine, and possibly/probably more. I am practicing Hatha. I havent done to much of the book thing, Ive got too many going on right now. But, the internet has been a quick access for me. How about you?
tourist
Posted 2005-03-15 6:43 PM (#19162 - in reply to #19115)

Expert Yogi

Myself, I am an Iyengar student/teacher. Book-wise, I have an embarrassingly large collection of Iyengar and other yoga books. The beauty of being a teacher is that you can start deducting that sort of stuff from your income tax! I went ot write a teacher training paper on the Baghavad Gita recently and was surprised to find I had something like 4 or 5 different translations - all picked up second hand over the past few years. A great reference book for women is The woman's Book of Yoga and Health by Patricia Walden and Linda Sparrowe. Lots of great info and wonderful sequences to practice
Piel
Posted 2005-03-16 11:39 AM (#19242 - in reply to #19108)

Forum Administrator

FamousLadyJane - 2005-03-14 11:59 PM

Hi all! Just wanted to give a hello! I was researching some yoga stuff, and stumbled on this site. I quite like it here! Easy to navigate, and awesome to see fellow yoga-beings . Im the type to lay low for awhile and lurk, but hopefully soon I can jump in! Have a good day, nice to meet you.

welcome to our little corner of the web. Glad you like the site....hope you'll stay with us for quite some time.
FamousLadyJane
Posted 2005-03-16 12:35 PM (#19248 - in reply to #19242)

Piel - 2005-03-16 9:39 AM

welcome to our little corner of the web. Glad you like the site....hope you'll stay with us for quite some time.

Thankyou! I know I said I tend to lurk, but so far it feels as though I've jumped right in. Huh. Must be the good vibes here
samantha77
Posted 2005-03-17 9:38 AM (#19316 - in reply to #19108)

Extreme Veteran

Welcome to the forum! I always had the tendancy to lurk too, but when I found this forum, I found it easy to participate. Everyone is so nice, and helpful. Hope to see you around the forum
Samantha
FamousLadyJane
Posted 2005-03-21 10:59 AM (#19724 - in reply to #19316)

samantha77 - 2005-03-17 7:38 AM

Welcome to the forum! I always had the tendancy to lurk too, but when I found this forum, I found it easy to participate. Everyone is so nice, and helpful. Hope to see you around the forum
Samantha

Thanks Samantha! Nice to meet you
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)