YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

headache
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

Posted 2005-06-30 6:55 AM (#26462 - in reply to #26452)
Subject: RE: headache

Amen Tourist-you are right about the postural theory. Being hunched over all day does not help me at all and I know yoga does help. I just have to make the time to do more of it! I want to purchase Yoga RX and check it out. I know that the heat and humidity here in SAT can really affect me personally with many others I have found from talking with my patients.

Jillian-you do what is good for you. My dad is a retired MD and feels the same about alternative treatments. Listen to your body and you decide what is best for you. It is hard not to do what your parents want because they want the best for you--I do not know your situation. Listen to them and weigh the odds of Western vs. Eastern medicine. I am in my mid 40s and still take advise from my dad, BUT I am learning to think for myself and do my own thing no matter what!

Namaste2
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-06-30 10:33 AM (#26469 - in reply to #26462)

Expert Yogi

I am mulling over why the issue of headaches has come up again here and on other threads, along with the fact that I recently had my first migraine in a long, long time. And the whole question of the meaning of pain and individual tolerance is being presented to me again at the moment, as well. Some of you know I did a series of Hellerwork (like Rolfing - VERY deep tissue work) last summer, which I found to be amazingly helpful but mostly painful and I just found out my worker has done some studying and has discovered how to get the same results with less pain. I can't help but feel that there is a reason some of us are presented with bodily pain more than others. Any theories anyone? If this was someone else's issue, you can be sure I would have several theories but since it is me, it is as clear as mud...
qlatina
Posted 2005-07-01 8:50 AM (#26515 - in reply to #19290)

heat and humitity can be a problem? i had never heard of that.
tourist
Posted 2005-07-01 10:57 AM (#26521 - in reply to #26515)

Expert Yogi

OMG, yes. Heat is very bad for me, but of course everyone is different. I feel lucky that I was not born down in your neck o' the woods - but that is a whole 'nother story...

Happy Canada Day!!
itsanewidhere
Posted 2011-05-26 9:26 AM (#208487 - in reply to #19290)

Yoga is very helpful for the stress relief because it has a great advantage and if beneficial for the many body parts for headache yoga is great it is the fastest way to get ride from the headache.
ashwin4222
Posted 2011-06-07 5:24 AM (#208546 - in reply to #19290)

Paranayama with focus on the head ache is the best solution.

it is important that the focus should not be for alleviation of the head ache, but just accepting it.

i am sure it will help.

Ashwin
www.artofliving.org/what-is-yoga
jess_yoga
Posted 2011-06-10 8:19 AM (#208580 - in reply to #19290)
Subject: Re: headache

Never knew yoga could help with getting rid of headaches, pain killers never do the trick, I'm new to yoga so this is definetly great news!
intelligente21
Posted 2011-06-10 3:27 PM (#208589 - in reply to #208580)

Me too. I am also a newbie in yoga and it relieves headaches and body pains, greatly! A very relaxing exercise just make so much peace in my mind.

If you have problems with your headaches and/or body pains, Check my signature.
jess_yoga
Posted 2011-06-14 9:55 AM (#208627 - in reply to #19290)

I most definetly will, at work at the moment and I can feel a head ache coming on now, I think its time to do some yoga!
EddieChatwin
Posted 2011-09-01 7:23 PM (#209149 - in reply to #19290)

Yoga is also ideal for relaxing muscle tension, which is another cause of headaches and migraines. The best and most efficient in the yoga pose headaches for the legs of the wall or laying Viparita Karani, the child or Balasana pose and posture of the body or Shavasana.
carriewalt
Posted 2011-09-13 1:35 AM (#209215 - in reply to #19290)

New User

Main cause for sharp headache is unhealthy lifestyle and improper taking sleep. Take a regular sleep for 7 to 9 hours daily, it is very necessary to make your whole day fresh and increasing the ability of doing work. Yoga is also very vital natural way to deal with sharp head pain quickly.
KirkBenoit
Posted 2011-09-13 3:29 PM (#209221 - in reply to #19290)

New User

Headache must be due to some other reason that yoga is not followed by headache. you will always be energized after yoga with mentally Serene.physically also very quiet and you be more active. Yoga can cure headaches (sometimes), it should not cause them.
billnclinton
Posted 2011-09-17 8:21 PM (#209245 - in reply to #19290)

Yoga acts as a tonic for health and it is very useful to come out from stress and it gives relief from headache also. And due to this the mood also becomes calm.
jonyyggreg
Posted 2011-11-02 2:09 PM (#209447 - in reply to #19290)

Yoga is actual accessible for the accent abatement because it has a abundant advantage and if benign for the abounding physique locations for cephalic yoga is abundant it is the fastest way to get ride from the headache.

Edited by jonyyggreg 2011-11-02 2:10 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)