YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

funny yoga vids.
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

FamousLadyJane
Posted 2005-03-24 2:20 AM (#19927)
Subject: funny yoga vids.

Tonight I bought a vid, and did the whole "watch the video one time through before starting" thing. Well, I fast forward through some of the basic stuff, like the sun salutations. Man, it is SO FUNNY to watch a yoga vid in FFW. It was like watching gumbie dance or something. The one I watched was by a local here named Gerda Krebs. She's 79 years old and I think she'll live forever. Wow. Heres a link, just incase you wanted to see her (with an article)
http://www.fyiedmonton.com/cgi-bin/niveau2.cgi?s=sport&p=41051.html&a=1
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kabu
Posted 2005-03-24 12:45 PM (#19958 - in reply to #19927)
Subject: RE: funny yoga vids.

Oh good, I'm glad someone else gets a big kick out of that. The kids and I sit and laugh for a good 5 minutes.

I own a few bellydancing DVDs, and once when I rewound to find a particular move, that was it for me...I saw the swooping and wiggling at 100 mph and all concentration was lost.
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-03-24 6:11 PM (#19981 - in reply to #19958)

I like to do the "watch it once through" before practicing, too - I usually do it w/ a pint of Beny and Jerry and laugh at the demos of advanced poses (though as I approach being able to bind, they aren't as funny any more!)John Friend's website www.anusara.com has a couple of funny cartoons - blossom one's buttocks is a fave!
LoraB
Posted 2005-03-24 10:05 PM (#20001 - in reply to #19927)

Thanks guys! Bet you had no idea that your posts would send out creative inspiration, but it did!

I'm in school for interior design, and one of my classes is designing our school's booth for Neocon, which is a HUGE international industry fair. It's THE event, so naturally there's a ton of pressure, and we were working tonight on the video aspects. This post popped into my head and I suggested levers where people could pull and have the videos fast forward, or rewind, or pause and it was a hit!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)