YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Request for prayers
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

Empress Echo
Posted 2005-03-25 10:53 PM (#20076)
Subject: Request for prayers

I feel a little odd posting this as I haven't been a member of this forum very long, but I feel any and all prayers are worth asking for.

My best friend is 31 and has colon cancer.  She's back in the hospital with a blockage, and we're just worried sick about her.

Chris learned that she had colon cancer two years ago, just a couple of months before her mother died of the same disease.  Her mother died April 12 - a year and a day after Chris' 35 year old brother died.  Her other brother also has cancer.

This woman is SO amazing - despite all of her troubles, multiple surgeries, 2 rounds of chemo and radiation, she has persisted with a cheerful attitude and has been working as a psychology resident at the Medical University of South Carolina, working in the oncology department, counseling cancer patients!  And working on her doctoral dissertation in the meantime.  She wrote me a couple of weeks ago that she was having a little trouble staying awake at work because of the morphine.  MORPHINE!!  I have trouble going to work with a cold... She's just so amazing, and I am so afraid for her.

They don't know the cause of her current problem, but she has some kind of blockage and hasn't been able to eat for over a week.  She's 5'9 and now weighs 111 pounds.  (Still she joked that she could "be a supermodel now, since so many starve themselves to look that way.")  She's undergoing tests & we are just praying, praying, praying.

Both Chris and I are Catholic, but I believe a prayer is a prayer, and God hears us, regardless of what Name we call Him by.  If you are Hindu, Buddist, Muslim, Wiccan - whatever, we all pray, don't we?  Please, if you would, pray for Chris!  She needs all the prayers we can send her way!

Thank you so much, Namaste,
Echo

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-03-26 10:08 PM (#20146 - in reply to #20076)
Subject: RE: Request for prayers

Expert Yogi

Echo, I am so sorry for your friend's difficult situation and the pain it is causing you.
My thoughts are with you....

Bay Guy
loli
Posted 2005-03-27 5:29 AM (#20163 - in reply to #20076)

HI Echo,
Your friend sounds like a wonderful person. I hope that she can beat this cancer. I know someone who has had to have an iliostomy (sp?) and is doing really well with it now. Perhaps your friend may end up with something like that?
I shall be thinking of your friend and trying to send good energy to her.
Laura

Edited by loli 2005-03-27 5:30 AM
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-04-01 8:51 AM (#20831 - in reply to #20076)

Echo, you're such a sweet person and your friend sounds wonderful too. Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

As hard as it is to be sick, in some ways it's even harder when someone you love is sick.
LoraB
Posted 2005-04-01 7:56 PM (#20891 - in reply to #20076)

Echo,

I will be thinking of your friend (and you). She sounds pretty incredible, and she's lucky to have friends who care so much about her.

Also, I really liked what you said at the end about a prayer being a prayer, no matter the form.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-04-01 10:11 PM (#20918 - in reply to #20891)

Expert Yogi

Sai Baba has a great quote! He says, "A pure thought from pure heart is better than a mantra". So, having that said, I believe prayers and poojas can fall into this category as well. Just pray, don't be attached to the outcome and let it go - completely.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)