YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What types of yoga.....
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

WR_7
Posted 2005-03-27 12:38 PM (#20201)
Subject: What types of yoga.....

increases your height? Im a football player and I play a wide receiver position, currently Im 14 and I'm supposed to grow atl east till 6.2 ft or more and I want to help my body reach 6.4 ft what stretches can I do?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-03-27 1:51 PM (#20212 - in reply to #20201)
Subject: RE: What types of yoga.....

Expert Yogi

WR - you still have lots of time to grow:-) Yoga and Pilates are both disciplines which promote long muscles, which create length in the body but most of the "growth" is from good support of the spinal column, not actual growing. A VERY important thing at your age is to get sufficient rest and absolutely be sure not to overtrain. I read that the only time the body releases growth hormone (which will help you grow to your biggest potential height and also works to repair damage) while you sleep. So be sure to get enough sleep. When my kids were your age they swam competitively mostly through the spring and summer. In the fall, 2 weeks after the main competition season was over, we would have a big barbeque and it was amazing how much the kids would have grown in the two weeks AFTER competition was over. Working their bodies hard was good for them but a complete rest from hard training at the end of the season was key to their growth. So eat well, don't overtrain and be sure to get enough sleep plus some down time with NO training. Try any yoga class and see if you like it. Only do yoga if you like it, not because you think you should. Happy growing!
WR_7
Posted 2005-03-27 2:06 PM (#20221 - in reply to #20212)
Subject: RE: What types of yoga.....

I currently work out about 2 days a week and the only heavy stuff I do is bench press:130 lbs and quadriceps:140 lbs Also I go to bed at 9:30 pm and wake up at 5:30 am.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)