YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jivamukti...anyone here tried
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

loli
Posted 2005-03-31 11:27 AM (#20698)
Subject: Jivamukti...anyone here tried

HI everyone,
Just been reading that a Jivamukti centre is going to open in London soon....wonderered if anyone here had tried it/knows more about it? Have I missed a thread on this somewhere else in the forum?
I'm curious.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
twisti
Posted 2005-03-31 12:15 PM (#20714 - in reply to #20698)
Subject: RE: Jivamukti...anyone here tried

I did a class at the Yoga Show here in Toronto a few years back. The practise itself is Ashtanga inspired, flowing squences and linking postures. I liked the feel of the class and the 'after effect.'

That was only from one 2 hour class though, with the founder David Life. Teachers may differ as always so its hard to tell.

They get a bit into the 'preachy' side of it and really push vegetarianism (they were handing out leaflets on veggie stuff at the start of the class.)

Have a look through there book to get an idea of where they are coming from, then try out a class. Anything you learn is valuable so just give it a go
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-03-31 12:46 PM (#20726 - in reply to #20698)
Subject: RE: Jivamukti...anyone here tried

Jiva is pretty cool. I've never taken class with Sharon or David but I hear they are awesome. I have taken a few classes at Jiva here in NYC and I know a few Jiva trained teachers that I've taken with. They do a lot of chanting and kirtan in the beginning of class. Once you start moving the pace is pretty fast. I enjoy it and I don't mind being in a crowded practice setting: shoulder to shoulder with sweaty yogis. Overall, it's not my cup of chai. I like it once in a while. But a little too much celebrity 'tude for my tastes. I don't have to practice next to Russel Simmons or Madonna to feel good about myself.

You won't know until you try it for yourself.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)