YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tech help
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

afroyogi
Posted 2005-04-22 8:14 PM (#22722 - in reply to #22690)
Subject: RE: tech help

Gruvemom - 2005-04-23 9:58 PM
I can't even balance my checkbook and I'm supposed to know what the heck fox fire and Pogoare?

Melissa, just go here:

http://www.mozilla.org

pretty much at the top of the site you'll find Firefox. Look for your preferred lingo, click on "get it" or "download" or whatever the button's called, download the program FOR FREE, install it and be a happy bunny! It's not flawless (what computer stuff ever was?) but in the moment probably the best browser for us technically challenged folks. Soon Netscape will bring out a new browser, which is based on Firefox but will have much more functions and Microsoft isn't sleeping as well. But right now I guess Firefox is the best solution for the masses.
While at it you can download the Thunderbird emailer as well, it's got an built-in spam filter already and is also free of charge.
Okay, uncle Bill's software is free too, but we don't want to support this capitalist money-making scheme called Micro**** no more, do we? It's about the principle, you know. All the mozilla software is engineered by volunteers from the open source community who give their skills and time for free. Let's honor that!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Thushara
Posted 2005-04-25 1:31 AM (#22842 - in reply to #22722)

afroyogi - 2005-04-23 7:14 AM

Okay, uncle Bill's software is free too, but we don't want to support this capitalist money-making scheme called Micro**** no more, do we? It's about the principle, you know. All the mozilla software is engineered by volunteers from the open source community who give their skills and time for free. Let's honor that!

if they are doing it Free and giving everything Free as you think., either they must be gods or you must be supporting their families.. Look beyond what you see Afro..... "Hakunamatata "

afroyogi
Posted 2005-04-25 1:41 PM (#22874 - in reply to #20981)

Hakuna Matata, Thushi.
Cool that you bring this up, it's an almost yogic approach to life isn't it?
Of course I know, all the programmers involved with the Mozilla and Linux communities want to earn money as well. But they have a different philosophy. They know that they will make bucks in the long run, because they possess the skills other people don't have. As for now, all of them are earning money in other jobs (maybe even working for Bill or Steve, who knows?) and doing the open source work in their spare time. Also the many distributions are making money already. If you want, say, a SUSE Linux on CD, you can go to the shops and buy it. So they are making profit, but in a less greedy way than Microsoft! They are no gods and no holy men but they're making the computer world a bit more democratic. The sources are open, so everybody can use them and create cool software with it ... and earn money!

Balen
Posted 2005-04-26 2:34 PM (#22918 - in reply to #20981)

http://my.opera.com/community/

Opera was my answer (free)
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)