YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll Seane Corn Workshops
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga WorkshopsMessage format

Gruvemom
Posted 2005-11-06 3:29 PM (#36015 - in reply to #36001)
Subject: RE: Seane Corn Workshops

"Blah, blah, blah - let's get to the class part!"

Snicker... Oh, Jean, you are too funny. I took a workshop w/ her at the last convention, and that whas exactly what I was thinking! I'll give her a wide berth at the convention next week.

She had a neat party trick, though, if you told her an illness or injury you have she interpreted it into the connection w/ your yin/yang sides and chakras.  Thought it was bull pucky until someone said "Well, I have Diabetes" .  What SC said could have been about my dh, it was unbelievable.

She also missed her first class that day and apologized to the students while deflecting the blame onto someone else.  Right there I couldn't take her seriously.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mishoga
Posted 2005-11-08 6:03 PM (#36108 - in reply to #21605)

Expert Yogi

I want to check her out at the Yoga conference in NYC next year. I also want to check out Rodney Yee. A girlfriend who attended a seminar with Rodney Yee said he is arrogant. I didn't want to hear that. I was truly hoping he was the apiritual Yogi he claims to be. I hope I'm not propping him up too much. I find his voice so soothing.

Hey.....who has a problem with lots of hair? I have tons of it. I've always had long hair. Not many students see me with it down because I keep it in ponytails, braids, or a bun. I love long hair......on women.....on men.....even on my two boys!!!!

Edited by mishoga 2005-11-08 6:04 PM
tourist
Posted 2005-11-08 7:58 PM (#36122 - in reply to #36108)

Expert Yogi

Mish - I have friends who went to Colorado and had a great time with Rodney. They thought he was very nice, kind and easy to talk to

I have no problem with long hair. But I do get a bit impatient with people whose long hair defines them so completely that you can't imagine seeing a photo of them without their hair down and a wind machine going I also am constantly amazed at the makeover TV shows where the women cry at having their hair cut because they had one bad cut when they were 6 and they've kept it long for the past 40 years ever since then and even though it makes them look old and dragged down they can't bear to part with their "friend," their hair... Here's a secret folks, it grows back!
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-11-08 10:16 PM (#36138 - in reply to #36122)

Expert Yogi

Oh, Tourist, you are such a cynic!!

Once I finish going bald, I intend to grow what's left to shoulder length.
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-11-09 7:06 AM (#36160 - in reply to #21605)

Not fast enough, it doesn't grow back. I foolishly cut all mine off in March (I didn't cry, I was excited at the time) and now I can't do a darn thing with it while I'm teaching or working out. It's still not long enough to pull into a ponytail and get it out of my way, so I end up looking like Don King by the end of each day.
mishoga
Posted 2005-11-09 8:40 AM (#36176 - in reply to #21605)

Expert Yogi

Don King Hahahahaha!!!! That is funny.
Tourist, I have to admit, I am very attached to my hair. I try to keep it stylish but it really doesn't have a style. My hair is very similar to Sean's but longer. I sits just at the base of my spine (meeting my tush). I love it and feel very sexy with it.
I am one of those individuals that had it cut shoulder length when I married (17 years ago) and I have not cut it since (besides the trim to keep it healthy looking) I guess I could fit into that catagory of women you explained.
But as I stated before, my hair is never done when I teach (which I teach every day of the week) so it's rare when I have it flowing free. There are many times I wish to cut it but I just am too chicken.
Jeans, I worry that if I cut it I will also have the problem of being able to tie it back, french braid it, etc...... That's what stops me from getting it cut slightly shorter.

Edited by mishoga 2005-11-09 8:42 AM
tourist
Posted 2005-11-09 10:45 AM (#36187 - in reply to #36176)

Expert Yogi

Mid length hair is a royal pain. I decided to go to short hair years ago to help with headaches. Between pulling it back, putting it up and all the neck moves to flip it back over my shoulder (not to mention the weight - I have pretty thick hair) it seemed a good idea to cut it. And I do think it helped.

I liked it long when I was younger and I did like you do Mish - braid it, put it up and stuff. If it is just pulled back into the same old ponytail every day (which I see a lot) I figure you might as well have it short. The visual impression of a ponytail is not "oh, look at her lovely, sexy long hair," but more like you have virtually no hair, especially if it is thin. It is definitley cheaper to go long though. I grew mine a bit last year and it was nice to not have to go in for cuts so often. But now my hairdresser and I exchange cuts for classes, so I'm good for awhile After 40 or so, it needs to be up or short, I think. It really is aging for most women.

Back to men and long hair - they think they love women with long hair and many women keep theirs long to please their man but those guys look at a cute chickie with short hair just as fast as ever (there's my cynical side for ya!) But I do love long hair on men. I am a child of the 60's after all Think of Liam Neeson in Star Wars But bald and long - think Alan Rachins in Dharma and Greg
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-11-09 4:50 PM (#36226 - in reply to #21605)

That is so funny that this thread always returns to a hair discussion!

My DH sent me one of those Conair contraptions that applies striped colors to your hair in various natural or totally unnatural shades. Today I went with bright pink, to celebrate my birthday. I figured, what better way to resist growing old than to do something foolish to my hair? It's a technique I've honed over the years; every now and then I get bored and dye it orange or bright red or some other color that drives my mother absolutely berserk.

And all of those dye jobs, I regret less than cutting it off! Maybe if I could pull off a chic, short style, but I just don't have the patience to maintain it.
tourist
Posted 2005-11-09 7:19 PM (#36244 - in reply to #36226)

Expert Yogi

Happy birthday Jean!!!!!
itchytummy
Posted 2005-11-09 11:24 PM (#36268 - in reply to #36160)

Tourist, you are a cynic!

I have to admit though, if I got my hair cut, it would definitely be a very big exercise in non-attachment for me. (My hair is down to my hips and I have so much fun with it and love it to death. Maybe I love long hair because my Momma never let me have it when I was a kid, so maybe now that I'm an adult and have it, it's my way of sticking my tongue out at her without getting smacked!)
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-11-10 11:26 PM (#36328 - in reply to #36108)

A girlfriend who attended a seminar with Rodney Yee said he is arrogant.

He was at yoga event I attended and that was my experience. he was uncooperative too.  He hasn't been at any subsequent events

Edited by Gruvemom 2005-11-10 11:27 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)