YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

alternatives to cat
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

loli
Posted 2005-04-11 2:32 PM (#21637)
Subject: alternatives to cat

Hi everyone,
I have just started teaching a new class of mainly over 50 year old women. A couple of them have knee problems and cannot put any weight on their knees. I was hoping to teach the Cat next week, but am not really sure what I could give these two women to do whilst everyone else is doing it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I am also wondering what they will do when everyone else is in childs posture too....?
Laura
PS They are absolute beginners
PPS I know I can phone up one of my teachers for her advice, but I have come to you guys first....

Edited by loli 2005-04-11 2:34 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-04-11 3:16 PM (#21638 - in reply to #21637)
Subject: RE: alternatives to cat

loli - 2005-04-11 2:32 PM

Hi everyone,
I have just started teaching a new class of mainly over 50 year old women. A couple of them have knee problems and cannot put any weight on their knees. I was hoping to teach the Cat next week, but am not really sure what I could give these two women to do whilst everyone else is doing it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I am also wondering what they will do when everyone else is in childs posture too....?
Laura
PS They are absolute beginners
PPS I know I can phone up one of my teachers for her advice, but I have come to you guys first....

I do seated cat/cow a lot. It transitions better sometimes between poses so I don't have to go from hands & knees to seated and back to hands and knees.

Stay seated and place your feet on the floor and knees up to the sky. Knees should be bent about 90*. Hold the fronts of the shins with your hands. Inhale pull your chest forward using the hands on the shins and lift the heart up and look up. Arch your back and open the front of the throat. Exhale round your back and tuck your chin into your chest stretch the arms all the way. Hollow out the belly. Repeat.
loli
Posted 2005-04-11 3:27 PM (#21639 - in reply to #21637)
Subject: RE: alternatives to cat

THANK YOU YOGA GUY!!!!
I love it! Brilliant, I shall definitely use it.
I am so grateful, I can't thank you enough. Such a quick reply too!!!
Namaste from a very happy yogini
Laura
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)