YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Have problem with my wrist
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

sweetixx8
Posted 2005-04-16 6:44 PM (#22141)
Subject: Have problem with my wrist

hi,
I m Amina . I enjoy practicing yoga and i want to do all of its poses , but i have a ganglion over my wrist due to which........ i cant bend it properly during different poses like...... cat pose , downward facing dog etc.
Would u plz tell me what to do
I love doing yoga ..... but ....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2005-04-17 11:12 AM (#22172 - in reply to #22141)
Subject: RE: Have problem with my wrist

Expert Yogi

Hi Amina - do you have a yoga teacher? They can be very helpful in giving you poses to help with problems like this. Some people recommend making your hand into a fist for down dog. Another choice is to grip the edges of your mat. You can also modify by doing the pose with your hands on a chair or on the wall. Good luck!
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-04-17 7:48 PM (#22204 - in reply to #22141)

You might also try rolling up a towel and holding onto that rather than pressing your hands directly into the mat. Also works well for slippage when you're sweaty!
sideshow
Posted 2005-04-20 8:23 PM (#22471 - in reply to #22141)

I get one of those systs when the weather turns cold between my left thumb and index finger, It is annoying and hurts, I showed it to my doctor and he said that unless it becomes unbearably painful then when it gets really aggrivated to smash it with a heavy book or hammer if you are REALLY brave. He said he remembered breaking his up with the big family bible back when he was a teen.....

Just a thought, my DR. said that you can drain them, and its sorta 50-50 on whether they come back or not.

DISCLAIMER: this post in absolutley NO WAY is a replacement for sound medical advice, use this at your own risk and if you are in doubt go talk to someone who is a qaulified medical practicioner.

'nuff said.
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-04-21 2:17 PM (#22559 - in reply to #22471)

sideshow - 2005-04-20 8:23 PM

I get one of those systs when the weather turns cold between my left thumb and index finger, It is annoying and hurts, I showed it to my doctor and he said that unless it becomes unbearably painful then when it gets really aggrivated to smash it with a heavy book or hammer if you are REALLY brave. He said he remembered breaking his up with the big family bible back when he was a teen.....

Just a thought, my DR. said that you can drain them, and its sorta 50-50 on whether they come back or not.

DISCLAIMER: this post in absolutley NO WAY is a replacement for sound medical advice, use this at your own risk and if you are in doubt go talk to someone who is a qaulified medical practicioner.

'nuff said.

I would think really long and hard before smashing yourself with a hammer or a book. You will probably create more medical problems for yourself that way.
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-04-21 2:18 PM (#22560 - in reply to #22141)

Take it from someone who smashed their entire hand with an armoire . . . there must be a better way!
YogaGuy
Posted 2005-04-21 2:19 PM (#22561 - in reply to #22141)

See my comments to this post under Yoga Teachers:

http://www.yoga.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=18898&posts=4

Approach the wrist problem in a similar manner.
MrD
Posted 2005-04-21 8:09 PM (#22597 - in reply to #22141)

sweetixx8 - 2005-04-16 6:44 PM

hi,
I m Amina . I enjoy practicing yoga and i want to do all of its poses , but i have a ganglion over my wrist due to which........ i cant bend it properly during different poses like...... cat pose , downward facing dog etc.
Would u plz tell me what to do
I love doing yoga ..... but ....

My sister had one and whacking it with a book only resolved the issue temporarily. Surgery might be necessary.

Have you though of purchasing a wedge. Put the high side on the wrist and it would shift more weight down towards the knuckles.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)