YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Out of the topic
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Thushara
Posted 2005-04-18 4:56 AM (#22239)
Subject: Out of the topic

Guys, somethign out of Yoga.,. But quite interesting

http://www.livejournal.com/community/the_unexplained/37956.html#cutid1

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Thushara
Posted 2005-04-18 10:38 PM (#22338 - in reply to #22239)
Subject: RE: Out of the topic

Dont you guys like this???

Trust me.. Its sooo coool. Google map search and google satalite map search...

Oh If you know how much I love google )

Check Area 51 satellite images.... Or Guys check your area search. Its simple., you type the address in google and go to search satalite map., even it gives direction to a specific place

Thushara
Posted 2005-04-20 8:41 AM (#22419 - in reply to #22239)

No body talk about the thing I found ..ahhhhaaaaaaaa

Im going to a forum where there are niiiiiiiiiiiiiice google yogis...

CGG
Posted 2005-04-20 10:25 AM (#22432 - in reply to #22338)

I saw this a few weeks ago and googled my house. It was neat to see it via satellite.
tigrsunam
Posted 2005-04-20 10:57 AM (#22433 - in reply to #22239)

I spent a couple hours looking up where I live, where I work, where I used to live, etc. Its awesome! It looks like it only works in for urban areas in the US. Or is it because I am in the US that I can't see other parts of the world??

am
afroyogi
Posted 2005-04-20 7:58 PM (#22469 - in reply to #22239)

No, you're absolutely right, Anne Marie. I too wasn't able to go from that site to any other countries. So I tried google.de but they don't even have that satellite feature. That's why the terrorists always drop their bombs on the USA, you deliver yourself on a silver plate. At least I was able to locate the Monkey Bean, a coffee shop which happens to be the favourite hang-out of my friends in Denver, CO.

Edited by afroyogi 2005-04-20 8:02 PM
Thushara
Posted 2005-04-20 11:23 PM (#22489 - in reply to #22469)

Ahaa.. you like it

Yeah people who have been searching your phone numbers and other details now can find directions to your home and come to see you … heehee
Good thing is that I learnt you can add it to your own site to show directions to your office or where ever its fitting to.

Another coolest feature is that googles Library search which is going to be there.
It seems they are working with Harvard, Stanford, the University of Michigan, the University of Oxford, and the New York Public Library to scan books from their collections and make them available via Google search .. cool ha..

jeansyoga
Posted 2005-04-21 8:34 AM (#22502 - in reply to #22239)

That will be very cool. I admit I didn't spend much time looking at the satellite photos. I was reading the message boards at my office, and I have to be careful what I look at because people will see me and I will get in trouble! I don't know why I care, I gave notice this week.

It's been very easy to find people's houses using reverse phone number look-up for a while, that's why I use a cellphone number for all my business publications. I'm away from my house so much, and paranoid that someone will break in while I'm not at home and hurt my pets!
tigrsunam
Posted 2005-04-21 12:01 PM (#22541 - in reply to #22239)

Stefan, check out the satellite picture of DC. The Capital Building and the White House are distorted ...as are some other buildings. I find it pretty funny.

There's been a lot of discussion about the implications and lack of privacy. And also I guess how terrorists could use this information against us... which is are good discussions. However, you could find this stuff on the internet for years!! Now its just easier and in a cooler interface.

I wish you could see other countries though...I think that would be MUCH cooler for me as I don't get to travel much!

Empress Echo
Posted 2005-04-21 12:42 PM (#22548 - in reply to #22239)

WOW! That's amazing, but it also scares me a bit!   Feels like the stuff in "Enemy of the State", you know?  Big brother...?

Edited by Empress Echo 2005-04-21 12:44 PM

Empress Echo
Posted 2005-04-21 12:46 PM (#22549 - in reply to #22239)
Subject: OT: OT

I got a purple star!  Yay, me!    LOL

Namaste!

Purple Echo

afroyogi
Posted 2005-04-21 6:15 PM (#22587 - in reply to #22541)

tigrsunam - 2005-04-22 6:01 PM

Stefan, check out the satellite picture of DC. The Capital Building and the White House are distorted ...as are some other buildings. I find it pretty funny.

OTOH you can see area 51 quite clearly, even parts of it where not even the commander is allowed to go. So I heard.

tigrsunam - 2005-04-22 6:01 PM
I wish you could see other countries though...I think that would be MUCH cooler for me as I don't get to travel much!

GlobeXplorer and TerraServer have images from around the world. I was able to locate not only our suburb but even the complex we're dwelling in. Unfortunately the pics are from 99 and things have changed quite a lot since then. Our little coastal town has aproximately doubled in size in the last few years.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)