YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need your help!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

Gery82
Posted 2005-04-18 3:50 PM (#22295)
Subject: Need your help!

Guys, A few years ago I had hurt my hip so bad that it been dislocated on the right side. All the doctors, PT's, etc. reported me as I have a herniated disk or something. While I got to a chiro who reported that I'd been living with dislocated hip since my injury occured. (Thanks for all the doctors misdiagnozed me ) Anyway he put back my femur into the socket and told me to give it time and don't rotate backwards. Now it is 1 year that he told this. My lower back area feels better, but still painful. Do you think that yoga can help to relieve my pain? If so which postures would you recommend? Thx, Gery
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-04-18 5:57 PM (#22309 - in reply to #22295)
Subject: RE: Need your help!

Gery:
This question should not be asked on the bulletin board as you need a personal instruction. But, in a way that is my reply to your question which came on the bulletin board.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
tourist
Posted 2005-04-18 6:41 PM (#22320 - in reply to #22295)

Expert Yogi

Gery - OUCH! That must have been painful and frustrating! First of all, I would say you should ask your chiro about yoga and second of all I would say that yoga could be helpful but not without a very well qualified teacher, preferably someone who has had experience with medical problems such as yours. We often recommend Iyengar or Anusara yoga for beginners. Let us know if you find a teacher and how it works out
Gery82
Posted 2005-04-19 3:19 AM (#22348 - in reply to #22320)

Hi tourist, Actually it dislocated during a wrong squat movement with 200 or less pounds on the bar, placed on my traps. It wasn't hurt immediately, a sudden shoot thru my hip and right leg. though. About a few days after it sztarted to hurt so much. Regarding the chiro's say the only advice he gave me is not to put extra stress omn my spine and avoid extreme rotation of the hip especially backwards. Unfortunatelly near to my local place ther isn't any Yoga course or teacher So I just started out on my own doing Hath yoga. But I realized that some of the postures like Triangle hold, and other asanas requiring my knees to be lifted higher than my hip level causing some pian. I guess the most effective and "no pain" postures would be the lying ones. At the other hand I already found that those breathing techniques gained me some realxion in my whole body. What do you think? Can you pls help me with some advice, maybe with a program to do on a daily basis? Thx, Gery
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)