YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Savasana Help!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

tourist
Posted 2005-04-21 9:51 AM (#22514 - in reply to #22508)
Subject: RE: Savasana Help!

Expert Yogi

Lady bug, you have no idea what a can o'worms you've opened!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kabu
Posted 2005-04-21 9:59 AM (#22518 - in reply to #22514)

I promise ~ I shan't start a verbal political brawl in the Savasana thread.

(My life is loaded with anti-W people. After the first couple of years, I learned to let the insults go in one ear and out the other. )

Posted 2005-04-21 10:18 AM (#22526 - in reply to #22518)

Atta girl Kabu. I used to have anti-W folks in my life; most have moved on: drug rehab, in jail, living under a bridge, etc. and the remainder are on this freaking forum but they have redeeming qualities. For instance Bay Guy wants to be a pirate too and Afroyogi also rides a motorcycle.  
Kabu
Posted 2005-04-21 10:38 AM (#22532 - in reply to #22526)

Bruce - 2005-04-21 10:18 AM
I used to have anti-W folks in my life; most have moved on... 

I'm in a Blue state (IL - NW suburbs of Chicago), so I'm terribly outnumbered.

I was invited to watch the returns on Election night with everyone at the Cook County Clerk's office (deep in Richard J. Daley territory), but I had to stay home with the kids. Good thing too ~ I think they would have killed me.

*thinks*

Maybe that was their plan all along...
notsoflexible
Posted 2005-04-21 12:17 PM (#22543 - in reply to #22408)

Just found out that Opra does yoga...how 'bout Opra for president?????
CGG
Posted 2005-04-21 1:45 PM (#22558 - in reply to #22496)

Bruce - 2005-04-21 6:52 AM

Elect Hilary for what? Forgive them George for they know not what they do.

Anyone seen the site Bushyoga.com? It cracks me up, especially the text that goes along with each posture.

I'm not at all a fan of the actual Dubya, though these days Delay scares me twice as much. Not sure I'd want Hillary for pres either, but I did volunteer for her first Senate campaign. I'd much rather see a President Boxer.
tigrsunam
Posted 2005-04-21 3:30 PM (#22565 - in reply to #22408)

MAN!

A SAVASASANA thread turned POLITICAL. Talk about the most un-relaxing, tension building topic. My heart-rate spiked reading through the posts.

I think if more (or any, for that matter!) politicians did yoga, our country would be a much better place! There would be disagreements, but there would also be respect and understanding which i think is lacking these days.

Edited by tigrsunam 2005-04-21 3:33 PM
Kabu
Posted 2005-04-21 4:49 PM (#22573 - in reply to #22565)

tigrsunam - 2005-04-21 3:30 PM
A SAVASASANA thread turned POLITICAL. Talk about the most un-relaxing, tension building topic. My heart-rate spiked reading through the posts.

I participate regularly on a political message board. After a while, you get used to others' opinions (no matter how whacky ), and you find you can discuss even the touchiest of issues without so much as blinking twice.

And I agree wholeheartedly ~ yoga would do Capitol Hill some good.
Kabu
Posted 2005-04-21 4:53 PM (#22574 - in reply to #22408)

Oh my God CGG, BushYoga is hysterical!

So far, my fav:

http://www.bushyoga.com/big-poses/virabhadrasana_ii.jpg

I'll have to post this on the Crossfire board ~ they'll love it. (Giving you full credit, of course.)

Edited by Kabu 2005-04-21 4:54 PM
tigrsunam
Posted 2005-04-21 5:07 PM (#22580 - in reply to #22573)

I get way to involved...taking politics WAY to personally at times. Maybe its because I've ALWAYS been on the losing side: I spent my teenage years as a Republican, and now my 20s as a Democrat!

Kabu
Posted 2005-04-21 5:21 PM (#22583 - in reply to #22580)

tigrsunam - 2005-04-21 5:07 PM
I get way to involved...taking politics WAY to personally at times.

I understand. I think everyone is that way initially. At first, I was quite shocked by what some people said and/or assumed about each other. I remember thinking, "Why in God's name would anyone come here (the political message board) willingly?!"

After some time, I noticed my own temper had evened out to the point where I could discuss a topic like homosexuality with a Christian Fundamentalist without much in the way of fireworks. (Just had that discussion today actually...again )

Once you get to know people beyond their political beliefs, you realize we really aren't all that different. And you learn how to disagree with taking offense or getting personal.

Take heart. I think the Dems on the Hill learned something from this last election. They may serve up a winning team in 2008.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-04-21 5:25 PM (#22584 - in reply to #22532)

Expert Yogi

Bruce and Kabu,

Youins would love it here in my neck of the woods - youins would fit right in!

Cyndi - who is surrounding by GWB lovers and who's hoping one day they will see the light
afroyogi
Posted 2005-04-21 5:59 PM (#22585 - in reply to #22408)

YOprah! Oh my god, she too? One more for our celeb yogis collection ... and one more reason to give it up myself.

CGG
Posted 2005-04-21 6:09 PM (#22586 - in reply to #22574)

Kabu - 2005-04-21 4:53 PM

Oh my God CGG, BushYoga is hysterical!

Thanks. I found that site while doing a google search for a good illustration of Downward Dog. Of course it wasn't at all what I had in mind, but I couldn't stop laughing.
sideshow
Posted 2005-04-21 6:41 PM (#22588 - in reply to #22408)

Yeah well, Im am in NO way a very politcal person I think Im just way to passive. I however did think that both Kerry and Dubwya were mostly full of crap while in the debating process, I mean c'mon who in their right minds would think that all these senator and congressmen would give up the nice greasy palms to pull out of IRAQ? It didnt matter who won in my mind cuz either way we would have still been stuck in IRAQ. Bogus.

Hillary for president REALLY REALLY scares me, not so much as a president but rather HOW she is going to get there, obviously there will be alot of females turning out to vote just to see a female in the oval office without even giving her views a once over.

Man I think I need to go buy me a small island.
CGG
Posted 2005-04-21 7:25 PM (#22592 - in reply to #22588)

sideshow - 2005-04-21 6:41 PM

obviously there will be alot of females turning out to vote just to see a female in the oval office without even giving her views a once over.

Could you please explain to me why that's obvious? This female certainly doesn't see it that way.

One of the things that surprised me about her Senate campaign was how many women disliked Hillary, even women who agreed with her politically.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-04-21 7:36 PM (#22594 - in reply to #22592)

Expert Yogi

I liked Carlos Santana's suggestion on the presidnent thing. He said something to the effect that there should be more than one woman as president, representing all the major continents of the world. That way there would be a broader perspective in our relations with other countries, etc. So, having 6 or 7 women as president wouldn't be a bad idea, it time for men to step aside and let us rule our "Queendom", the macho male energies has mucked it up for too long and somebody has to set it straight! Besides, there are more women in the world and we may be close to that reality sooner than you think.

Seriously, my personal choice would be that there should have never been any Republicans, Democratics or Liberals - that keeps us all seperated and apart..we need UNITY!! Why can't we have a person who is perfectly balanced...Oh, I forgot they don't elect any Swami's or Sadhguru's do they? I've always thought H.H. Dalai Lama was a great choice for President
MrD
Posted 2005-04-21 7:56 PM (#22595 - in reply to #22584)

Cyndi - 2005-04-21 5:25 PM

Bruce and Kabu,

Youins would love it here in my neck of the woods - youins would fit right in!

Cyndi - who is surrounding by GWB lovers and who's hoping one day they will see the light

Cindy, that would what, be about 53% of the country?

Personally I think a little more compromise would be helpful from both sides. And a lot less invention from Judges who want to be ruled more by sentiment than sound legal principals.

Of course yoga is open to those from both red states and blue.

Edited by MrD 2005-04-21 8:06 PM
MrD
Posted 2005-04-21 7:58 PM (#22596 - in reply to #22510)

jeansyoga - 2005-04-21 9:38 AM

Wow, a bunch of savasana-loving Dubya-haters - Bruce, this is just not your forum, is it?

Just wanted to say I tried out that "continuous breath" savasana technique on a class last night and they SUPERLOVED it!!! After grimacing and sweating through the whole rest of the class, more than half of them came up to me afterward and told me they were sooo relaxed and they needed that so badly. Awesome! It made my day!

Thanks for the tips, expert yogis & yoginis!

Yeah, I found it to be an amazing technique.

One of the studios I go to now winds down in two stage. The first is sitting in lotus or easy sitting position for a couple of minutes then lying down for normal Relaxation Pose.
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-04-21 9:52 PM (#22616 - in reply to #22526)

Expert Yogi

Bruce - 2005-04-21 10:18 AM

Atta girl Kabu. I used to have anti-W folks in my life; most have moved on: drug rehab, in jail, living under a bridge, etc. and the remainder are on this freaking forum but they have redeeming qualities. For instance Bay Guy wants to be a pirate too and Afroyogi also rides a motorcycle.  

That's right. Bay Guy is going to sail his Pirate Ship up the Potomac (lotta guns on my boat)
and gonna install Hillary or John K in the Big House. Hoooya! And we gonna take Mr.
Scum Bag DeLay Criminal Tom out to the high seas and make him walk the plank!!
Scum Bag Bill Frist too!!!

Sixteen men on Dead Man's Chest, Yo HO and bottle of rum!
Drink and the Devil will do the rest, Yo HO and bottle of rum!!
Cyndi
Posted 2005-04-21 10:38 PM (#22635 - in reply to #22616)

Expert Yogi

and Cyndibell will provide all the pixie dust to keep mean ole' Bruceybhai and Afroyogi's Lost Boys at bay while Criminal Tom & Mr. Bill walks the plank....Walk the plank!! Walk the plank!!

Yo Ho Ho and another bottle of rum...a pirate's life for me!

LadybugWDYS
Posted 2005-04-22 11:54 AM (#22671 - in reply to #22408)

WHAT HAVE I DONE??!! Politics here with my savasana advice...

Perhaps I should sneak in some subliminal liberal messages while I lead savasana on Tuesday. I'll use my smooth calming voice (as in Alice's "radio voice" from the L Word - fans of the show will get that reference). I wonder what my final exam grade would be if I did...
Kabu
Posted 2005-04-22 12:18 PM (#22673 - in reply to #22671)

All right you guys, don't make me add you to my Axis of Evil.

*Though I wouldn't mind seeing Delay get a thrashing.*
Cyndi
Posted 2005-04-22 1:57 PM (#22677 - in reply to #22673)

Expert Yogi

Don't worry Sponge Bob Banana, I'm not on any side...I'm just a meek observer. Although, I do spread my pixie dust around from time to time

Anyway, Delay is not going to get a thrashing...No, No, No...he's going to WALK THE PLANK!!

The mean ole' crocodile is going to have him for lunch
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-04-22 3:32 PM (#22686 - in reply to #22408)

Clearly we ALL need more savasana!!! Not enough relaxing going on in this thread!

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)